Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dual vs Tri-Motor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on the fence. I have two reservations (changed the single-motor to dual when delivery order changed), and I'd love the extra range for road trips, but not sure I want to shell out $20k for it. If the tri-motor doesn't come with major upgrades other than faster speed, I'll probably stick with the dual.
No doubt in my mind there will be significant material and functional differences between the 3 models besides acceleration and range.

Yep, their strategy worked, since I changed by reservation from a single to a dual when I saw that. TBF I was kinda on the fence anyway, between the two.

But now I'm on the dual/tri fence, lol

I'm in the same boat. I pre-ordered the dual motor with the original understanding that it would be released first. Now that it looks like the Tri might be released first, I'll probably pull the trigger on that to get it ASAP.

I think people should watch and see what happens with S and X this fall. The "plaid' 3 motor technology may be morphing into the palladium S and X models that are said to appear in late fall or winter. Just in time for me to order a replacement X in Spring 2021.