Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Due for new tires - 19" Michelin Primacy Anything better?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got some Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus tires when I saw them on a great sale for about $150 each. They are a softer riding tire - much smoother ride and way more quiet than the original Goodyear's. The trade off is lower roadholding because of the softer sidewall. Highly recommended if you want that kind of tire. And they are supposed to be very good in winter for an all season.

I got new tyres yesterday. My 2018 Model S had Primacy 3s on it. I was torn. Michelin Pilot Sport 3 T0, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, or the much cheaper Bridgestone Turanza T005.

I went for the Pilot Sport 4. They seem OK after 20 miles.

the Pilot Sport 4 T0 are fitted to our 2019 Model 3 and work well there.

Pilot Sport 4 seemed to have shorter braking distances and better traction than the Pilot Sport 3, Primacy 3, or Bridgestone based on a couple of reviews and YouTube videos.

Are the Goodyear Eagles that bad compared to the others mentioned? Going to need new tires soon, SC only offered Goodyear Eagle touring again ($230 each) or Michelin PS3s ($280 each), leaning towards PS3s but only 20k mileage warranty and in FL will not even get that

What it should mean is machining some of the tread off to match an existing tire on the other side of an AWD car. You don't want to have different size tires on either end if a differential!

Tire rack does this for like 35. Beats 235 plus mounting for another new tire.

The questionable tires I got had been altered by the factory, they had tread removed in an uneven pattern. I just returned them. Tire rack is great to deal with, have not been to a tire "store" in over 20 years..

You know it has been done by reduction of tread, surface finish, and absence of injection "teats" on the tire surface.

Then, presumably the same would apply to one side of RWD as well?

Yes, but if you had RWD only, you could rotate the mismatched tires to the front.

In my case, the SuC damaged a rear tire and did not tell me. I have AWD, so moving a mismatched set to the front would cause a problem there.

You want the tires to be within 2/32 of each other, on either side of the drive unit.

Hope that helps..

I ended up canceling my MICHELIN Pilot Sport All Season 4. Seems like they are loud from my research.
After a few hours of research I went with the continental purecontact ls tires. I really dont know much about tires but I feel they are better than my OEM Goodyear Eagle Touring. Had a 400-500 mile drive yesterday and I really like these tires. I feel like I trust them more and they handle well. I wish I could give a more detailed review but im just not versed in the subject. People on Tesla forums kept recommending them. Tireshop said they had an 80k warranty but tirerack said 70k.

Got a set of 4 Installed for $900 out the door in California.