TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

dumb question (ev state incentive)

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by nicenoise, Jul 27, 2018.

1. nicenoise

nicenoise Member

I'm applying to get that sweet $2,500 CA state ev incentive, but for the life of me I can't find where Tesla posts proof of registration documents?

I remember asking my rep when I picked up my model 3 if I have to register, and he said it's all done through Tesla.

Anyone have experience with this problem?

2. TT97

TT97 Active Member

Tesla needs to register when you pick up the car - the form is "Application for Registration of New Vehicle." I received a copy when I picked up the car. If your car has the temporary registration on the bottom of the passenger side windshield, then the form was filled out.

Also, go here:

https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/sites/default/files/docs/nav/transportation/cvrp/documents/SampleSupportingDocuments.pdf and go to Page 18 showing what you need for Tesla.

In your Tesla account, in your Model 3 page, click on "View Vehicle Details." On the right side, you should have option to view "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement." Initially, I did not have that option so I had to call Tesla to have it emailed to me.

My MVPA was not signed, if the same applies to you, you will need to proceed with Option 3 (Sample 4, 5 & 6). The Delivery Declaration was provided to me (and was executed) when I picked up the car.

3. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

You can just peel off the window registration and scan it.
    Or wait for the permenant registration to come In the mail with your plate.