Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dumb Question: To supress explicit lyrics, do I switch the "Explicit Content" switch on or ff?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
maybe, just tune to a different channel/station. People are far too sensitive these days, trust me, your kids are going to hear a lot worse at school and play at some point. Teach them to differentiate between good language and bad and realize that the world is a big place and they will always hear stuff you don't want them to or they don't like but it is their reaction that counts, not the event itself.

Reactions: hydro 481
maybe, just tune to a different channel/station. People are far too sensitive these days, trust me, your kids are going to hear a lot worse at school and play at some point. Teach them to differentiate between good language and bad and realize that the world is a big place and they will always hear stuff you don't want them to or they don't like but it is their reaction that counts, not the event itself.

Tesla chose to put the button there. It is a bug that it doesn't work. Even if you think it is a stupid feature, I don't see how you can defend having a button for it that doesn't work.

Or do you think Tesla put that button there and intentionally programmed it to do nothing in a passive aggressive attempt to teach parents a lesson in your opinion of what makes for good parenting?

Gosh if only parenting was as simple as a $5 kindle purchase. :D

Many of today's "adult" lyrics are homophobic, xenophobic, and misogynistic. How do you explain to your children why this is good to listen to? They also emphasis how good greed and violence are. Do you teach your 5 year old that the way to true success is to be a hateful sociopath? Or do you teach them that they shouldn't hate people until they reach 18 years old? Or do you teach them that these lyrics are bad unless you seek wealth?

• Funny
Reactions: MissT
As a parent I totally get the need to limit or restrict kids from adult level content. However, there are many ways to address this problem other than a button in a Tesla that doesn't work. How about creating a play list of songs that both you and your child/children enjoy? Google play streaming and Apple Music are like $5 or $10 a month. Most of us also have Amazon account and you can cheaply add Amazon Music and create custom playlists as well. So, there are 3 solutions that would work in any vehicle, not just a Tesla! :)

Reactions: MissT
Tesla chose to put the button there. It is a bug that it doesn't work. Even if you think it is a stupid feature, I don't see how you can defend having a button for it that doesn't work.

Or do you think Tesla put that button there and intentionally programmed it to do nothing in a passive aggressive attempt to teach parents a lesson in your opinion of what makes for good parenting?
Who says I think its a stupid idea of Tesla's? Or defend the fact it doesn't work? All I indicated was if it wasn't working, find another solution, like say - any one of a million stations that are unlikely to have curse words? :)