Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dumb Questions about enhanced summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seen some of the videos online but they seem to all be in perfect conditions. Some dumb questions.

Will it work in parking structures and if yes ones with inclines.
Will it be able to accomodate speed bumps without failing?
Can it navigate potholes? I guess this is mostly a northeast and canda problem.
How will it know one way streets in parking lots.

I imagine you would only do this if you can see the car and will actually be much more inconvenient than just walking to your car unless you have major cargo to move.

My wish would be use enhanced summon while Im checking out on the checkout line, but could be a while.

At this point it's still a bit of a gimmick imo. It's a little too slow (and rightly so) for real use in parking lots of supermarkets or malls.

Not sure about inclines.
Doubtful about speed bumps.
It most definitely won't navigate potholes.
I doubt it will know one way in parking lots.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Seen some of the videos online but they seem to all be in perfect conditions. Some dumb questions.

Will it work in parking structures and if yes ones with inclines.
Will it be able to accomodate speed bumps without failing?
Can it navigate potholes? I guess this is mostly a northeast and canda problem.
How will it know one way streets in parking lots.

I imagine you would only do this if you can see the car and will actually be much more inconvenient than just walking to your car unless you have major cargo to move.

My wish would be use enhanced summon while Im checking out on the checkout line, but could be a while.

I remember reading somewhere that it has a limit of 10% inclination

Using it, in and out of my garage that has a 1.5 inch lip, the car can't make it over it, hesitates then will eventually make it, but I have to stop it quicky as it moves rather fast once over the lip. I wouldn't trust it just yet, maybe at a future date.