TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

duplicate software downloads

Discussion in 'Model S' started by srram, Oct 11, 2014.

1. srram

srram Member

I am finding that each time TM releases software, my car (MS85) downloads it twice. Once as soon as it has come out, and then again a month or two later.

It happened with 5.9. Yesterday, I got a software update notification. Sure enough, 6.0 again. I was already running 6.0.

Anyone else seen this?

2. voidptr

voidptr Member

It probably wasn't an identical version. They often release several patches with the same major version number, but the build number increments as they fix minor issues.

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Snarky rephrasing:
    Tesla, please take me off the list to get firmware in the early group. I'd prefer to wait until the last "dot release" of a given version. Or better yet, when a new major version is coming out only then send me the last "dot release" of the preceding version. ;)

4. Haggy

Haggy Member

I should be so lucky. One option is that when you get something such as 6.0 in the first place, don't schedule an install. At least I'm assuming that's how it works since I never got an upgrade. Then if there's a maintenance release, you can install it. If you want to read up on reported bugs or issues that people discuss in the forum, you can do that. But I don't think many Tesla owners fear being early adopters.

I don't think anybody with the new hardware is likely to get any version of 6.x until the new features are released. Then it's a matter of what comes up based on feedback to the mother ship, or reports from users, so I'd expect maintenance releases with no announced changes.