TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Dutch consortium to buy 3000 EV's

Discussion in 'News' started by Adm, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Adm

Adm Active Member

The 28 members of this consortium are local and national government, large Dutch and international companies and large (for Dutch standards) energy companies.

They are looking to buy 2-seaters, 4/5 seaters, small commercial vehicles (90 cu ft) and small vans (216 cu ft).

I doubt the Model S will be a contender, but it will bring more EV's on the road and consequently improve the roll out of infrastructure.

"The Dutch Consortium for the Tender of Electric Cars (DC-TEC) aims to purchase 3,000 EVs at the same cost as non-electric vehicles. Once delivery starts in 2011, participants can enjoy zero emissions, greater energy efficiency and increased reputation. And the different types of passenger and utility vehicles will have the same functionality as conventional ones. Join this pioneering consortium before the end of the year and electrify your fleet."

http://www.dc-tec.nl./

2. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

#2 tdelta1000, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
    Is there a listing of EV manufactures that they will be selecting from?

3. Adm

Adm Active Member

I think it's up to the manufacturers to present their product, but there isn't a list yet that I know of.

4. mpt

mpt Electrics are back

Are they basically saying; We'll buy 3000 vehicles as long as they perform the same as ICE vehicles; i.e. no range or cost issues? I don't mean to disrespect their laudable goals but are they aware of the reality of EV's at the moment? Or, are they asking for vehicles to suit some narrow purpose where EV's do work today, i.e. local commuter or delivery vehicles?

5. Adm

Adm Active Member

Some electric companies already have their own pilots in place and I guess they are looking for the next best thing electric.

Companies have great conditions for driving EV's in Holland. I think driving electric is not going to cost me extra (provided legislation doen't change)