Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DYI Rear Fender PPF - Scotchguard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty easy to do. Soapy water spray and squeegee. Amazon has 6" wide ppf film rolls including xpel. I bough some to install behind the rear wheels but I'm not sure if it makes that much difference there. I installed pre-cut ppf at the 4 doors but they didn't have anything for the rear bumper at the time. I think they have pre-cuts of every panel available now.

1628797303771.png

I also put a piece here and it came in handy a few times already.
1628797414194.png

Reactions: my8888
I am doing the entire front with a highly rated 3M Scotchguard Pro precut kit for $340.
Xxxx custom installer, wanted $3000. I debadge and then rebabdge with nice matte black one off
Etsy.

I chickened out and ordered the 3M gel, this way using a pump sprayer (Hozelock Polyspray 2) and
a 24/8oz H2O/70%ETOH mixture for tacking I will do better than with J&J soap and water when I
did my headlights earlier.
7100084531.jpg

I am doing the entire front with a highly rated 3M Scotchguard Pro precut kit for $340.
Xxxx custom installer, wanted $3000. I debadge and then rebabdge with nice matte black one off
Etsy.

I chickened out and ordered the 3M gel, this way using a pump sprayer (Hozelock Polyspray 2) and
a 24/8oz H2O/70%ETOH mixture for tacking I will do better than with J&J soap and water when I
did my headlights earlier.
View attachment 818181
I just finished a full front on my model y this morning. I just used baby soap and water, and the tack solution was 91% rubbing alcohol and water (30% alcohol and 70% water). Turned out good, couple of places with small hairs. One spot near the repeater came out meh but I can clean it up. Lots of small bubbles but a needle took care of most and the sun will take care of the rest.

Reactions: Kandiru