Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DYI Rear Fender PPF - Scotchguard

my8888

Jun 25, 2021
new york, ny
I was thinking of buying the 3M Scotchguard and doing the back fender myself rather than getting the overly priced tesla one. Similar to what is being done in this video.

Has anyone tried scotchguard ppf or DYI fender paint protection?

Any insights or experience would be appreciated.

maximus96

Apr 19, 2020
Bay Area CA
Pretty easy to do. Soapy water spray and squeegee. Amazon has 6" wide ppf film rolls including xpel. I bough some to install behind the rear wheels but I'm not sure if it makes that much difference there. I installed pre-cut ppf at the 4 doors but they didn't have anything for the rear bumper at the time. I think they have pre-cuts of every panel available now.

1628797303771.png

I also put a piece here and it came in handy a few times already.
1628797414194.png

Reactions: my8888

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC