Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dynamic EQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonder if/when this will get implemented, sure would be nice.

"Gracenote today announced a new technology for automakers that will automatically adjust the equalizer (EQ) settings in car audio systems for the song being played."
"Gracenote data and tech powers more than 65 million cars from every major OEM, from Ford and GM to BMW and Tesla."

http://www.gracenote.com/gracenote-launches-data-driven-tech-to-improve-the-quality-of-sound-for-drivers-and-passengers/

Agree it would be nice, but personally I put it behind completing Tesla acknowledged software defects (e.g. USB, 90kWh Rated Range, etc), other non-Autopilot beta implementations we already have (Calendar, Nav Range Anxiety) that that need tweaking to become fully usable, and so many other "good starts" -- firmware functions that are good, but honestly are not fully functional like Nav and Media Player features where even our 17" display isn't enough to keep Tesla's implementation from having drifted behind what other non-luxury auto brands have had for a long time. I love my new MS, but for me, it's already become about Tesla steadily demonstrating some of this non-sexy stuff gets done in a more timely manner to support and improve customer sat in the entire existing MS and MX fleet, as well as prepare for M3 so the masses will have minimal nits to say Tesla is lacking, WHILE continuing progress on the sexy performance and AutoPilot stuff that makes headlines and gains press. For me, it's all about Tesla prioritization, and completing what they have began before starting a lot that's new.

Last edited:
Wonder if/when this will get implemented, sure would be nice.

"Gracenote today announced a new technology for automakers that will automatically adjust the equalizer (EQ) settings in car audio systems for the song being played."
"Gracenote data and tech powers more than 65 million cars from every major OEM, from Ford and GM to BMW and Tesla."

http://www.gracenote.com/gracenote-launches-data-driven-tech-to-improve-the-quality-of-sound-for-drivers-and-passengers/

Saw this today as well , it would be nice to see but given the list of other things to be implemented I would imagine it will be quite sometime. If it does get implemented I wonder if they would even announce it in release notes.

Thanks maximus16 but I'm with BertL, preach brother. Appears that Tesla has been using new features as a form of free advertising, so it's been profitable to throw new stuff in, but at some point the old stuff needs to be fixed before we just add more stuff which could make existing issues worse. And so far, I'm not seeing a lot of that.

For instance, playing FLAC files and Slacker in high quality mode without the songs skipping around like a vinyl record, and allowing pause and resume in all ways imaginable, would be my highest priorities for the entertainment stack, though (better ?) dynamic volume and dynamic EQ (or some sort of "normalize" for when the car is being used as a portable stereo) are certainly "nice to haves" at least for the UHF.

Thanks maximus16 but I'm with BertL, preach brother. Appears that Tesla has been using new features as a form of free advertising, so it's been profitable to throw new stuff in, but at some point the old stuff needs to be fixed before we just add more stuff which could make existing issues worse. And so far, I'm not seeing a lot of that.

For instance, playing FLAC files and Slacker in high quality mode without the songs skipping around like a vinyl record, and allowing pause and resume in all ways imaginable, would be my highest priorities for the entertainment stack, though (better ?) dynamic volume and dynamic EQ (or some sort of "normalize" for when the car is being used as a portable stereo) are certainly "nice to haves" at least for the UHF.

Yea, I agree with you all too. Just sounded like Gracenote did all the heavy lifting and it's just needs to be pushed.