TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Dynamic locking

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by GoBlue88, Jun 19, 2014.

1. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

This has probably been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything.

Is is there a way to use the geofencing to dynamically change the walk-away locking feature? I would like walk-away locking activated everywhere except at my house. Right now I have it off because I don't want it auto-locking in my garage, which means I must lock it with the key fob everywhere else. I know, #FirstWorldProblems.

Anyway, this is works with the garage door opener and I think it works with scheduled charging. Seems like it would be easy to have the auto-locking feature do the same thing.

2. Bill D

Bill D Member

This may be what you're looking for. See this note on page 6 of the new 5.9 Owner's Manual:

Note: If all doors are closed and you doubleclick the key to unlock Model S, walk-away locking is temporarily suspended until the next time you use the key to lock Model S. This allows you to keep Model S unlocked in your garage.

3. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

Thanks!