Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

E-Bike Experiences? Recommended brands?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On our recent California coast trip, my wife and I rented some Pedego e-bikes in Avila Beach. My wife was initially frustrated because she didn't understand the operation of the electronic throttle, and the bikes are a little heavier than conventional bikes. Once she figured it out, she loved it! I really enjoyed the ride too, mainly because we didn't have to huff and puff up hills. From what I've read, Pedego bikes have a pretty good reputation, but aren't the only game in town.

What are your guys' experiences with e-bikes, and which brand or model would you recommend?

I purchased this for my wife. She love's it

EVELO Aurora Front Suspension Cross-Over Commuter E-Bike | EVELO

aurora-black-1.jpg

I just bought this e-bike wheel and put it on my wife's mountain bike. She loves it. Easy for her to go into town now (there are a few big hills in the way).
E-Bike Kit | E-Bike Kits | Electric Bike Conversion Kit - Leed
This is a relatively small motor (250w) but it provides a nice "assist" and we can go up even long steep hills easily. It doesn't have a throttle. Just a push button. Different size battery packs with different ranges. I bought the smallest (10 mi) battery and it's been great for our needs (about 8 miles r/t).
I'm thinking of getting another one for my 20" folding bike which fits easily into all of my cars.
This literally takes about 10 minutes to install. Just bolt on the front wheel and strap the battery and switch into place.

E-bikes are just beginning to hit in the U.S., there are all kinds of varieties, prices, and quality (high price does not necessarily equal quality, kinda like cars). Also there are a lot of add on kits that you put on existing bikes and even a thing cal the copenhagen wheel which sounds pretty cool.