Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

e race

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sound, like heat, are signs of wasted energy ;) This is all about efficiency! I do suppose squealing tires will be a predominant sound on the track...

Many (including Martin) had suggested (somewhat tongue-in-cheek) that the Roadster should include pre-recorded exotic car engine noises. If the car stereo played Ferrari V12 sounds that matched the eMotor revs you could harken back to the olden days when cars used to run on gasoline. :)

vfx said:
It's been said before that the "exotic cars sounds" package should be tied into the accelerator. Step rev step rev!

I've heard this suggested many times, usually in a joking manner. . . I hope it's only a joke. I doubt the result would satisfy anybody. Maybe if you had the premium sound system with the subwoofer, it could sound semi-realistic to the driver and passenger, but to anybody outside the vehicle it would be ridiculous.

I say let the car sound like what it is. I've been told the turbine-like "fweeeee" of the electric motor when it's under load is a powerful, purposeful sound. People who are familiar with it tend to like it.

tonybelding said:
I say let the car sound like what it is. 

I've been told the turbine-like "fweeeee" of the electric motor when it's under load is a powerful, purposeful sound.  People who are familiar with it tend to like it.

I agree!

The Tesla Roadster sounds like the future.  What's bad about that?

I've been told the turbine-like "fweeeee" of the electric motor when it's under load is a powerful, purposeful sound. People who are familiar with it tend to like it.

Seen/heard the Roadster's sound multiple times now. It's wicked cool by itself. Can't imagine actually wanting to change it.
Having other motor sounds coming from the speakers would be a momentary amusement.

At first I had the nice english voice of my cars NAV system on. After a while it became annoying having her chiding in everytime I drove by a freeway exit. She remains mute.