Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

E-Sign Documents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery day is 12/14. Today I received many updates from Tesla about the next 72 hours. In multiple places, I’m asked to e-sign my lending agreement prior to my delivery day, but it’s not possible. It’s also already dated for 12/14. Has anyone experienced this? Should I be able to sign the pdf prior to my delivery day? I’ve already paid my down payment if that helps.

My delivery day is 12/14. Today I received many updates from Tesla about the next 72 hours. In multiple places, I’m asked to e-sign my lending agreement prior to my delivery day, but it’s not possible. It’s also already dated for 12/14. Has anyone experienced this? Should I be able to sign the pdf prior to my delivery day? I’ve already paid my down payment if that helps.
When we picked up the Model Y last month we signed in person and our docs had the date that the SA called to schedule pick up. But when signing on signature line the day of pick up was placed.

Putting off doing all your paperwork until delivery day causes delays for the Delivery Centers.

They are under tremendous pressure to get as many vehicles delivered as possible at this time of year. Backing up a delivery center because you want to delay to the last minute may be causing others to wait longer as well.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cali_MY_M3 and OCR1
Putting off doing all your paperwork until delivery day causes delays for the Delivery Centers.

They are under tremendous pressure to get as many vehicles delivered as possible at this time of year. Backing up a delivery center because you want to delay to the last minute may be causing others to wait longer as well.
I disagree. I’d like the opportunity to see the vehicle I’m paying $50k for and it’s not my fault they don’t allow enough time in between deliveries. They should have learned from all previous quarters, but as others said, I’m not paying a dime until i get the opportunity to sit in and walk around the car I’m buying just as any other manufacturer/dealer gives you.

Reactions: DBV1 and OCR1
I disagree. I’d like the opportunity to see the vehicle I’m paying $50k for and it’s not my fault they don’t allow enough time in between deliveries. They should have learned from all previous quarters, but as others said, I’m not paying a dime until i get the opportunity to sit in and walk around the car I’m buying just as any other manufacturer/dealer gives you.
I agree with you, I will not be signing anything until I see and inspect the car. I assume when you apply for Tesla financing and then confirm the terms, you still are not obligated until you sign the paperwork. Correct? IE, you can still back out if QC does not check out or just decide to no do it?