Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAB and Lane Assist Standard?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a RWD without AP car. I have enabled EAB and Lane Assist, but they do not work. Are they supposed to work without purchasing the AP?

Stolen from this post:

AutoPilot Safety Features are standard on every car, including:
  • Blind spot warnings
  • Forward Collision warning (FCW)
  • Lane departure warning
  • Side collision warning
  • Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)
  • Side collision avoidance
There's no easy way to test EAB (Emergency Auto Braking) AFAIK. "Lane Assist" terminology you're using is basically AP (EAP required). You might have turned on "Lane departure warning" and it's hard to notice sometimes as I consider the vibration on the steering wheel to be weaker than other car manufacturer models.

I have AP and Lane Assist (the colored circles) hasn't worked correctly in the last several updates. I think they toned it down, but might have overdone it now since I only see white circles when cars are in my blind spot and never at any other time even when almost brushing cones, etc.

I have a RWD without AP car. I have enabled EAB and Lane Assist, but they do not work. Are they supposed to work without purchasing the AP?
Every Tesla since late 2014 has AEB (Automatic Emergency Braking) and Lane Departure Warning. Review your Model 3 owners manual for details about those features. You do not need to purchase EAP (Enhanced Auto Pilot) to get those features.