Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eagerly awaiting my Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Swoll78

OD:11/26|MYLR5|MSM/BLK|19”|EDD: 8/1-8/29
Nov 28, 2021
Park Ridge, IL
Hi all! Happy to be one of the newbies here! I ordered my MY LR last Friday and the EDD is October. It's normal to keep checking every hour or so to see if that's been moved up and then to get disappointed when it hasn't? Right? I thought so! Anyway, thanks for all the great resources here. I've been a stock holder for a little while so looking forward to being a driver soon too! Someday... *Checks account* damn, still October!

Reactions: SuzyQ4
Been watching my EDD for a couple months now. It will only drive you crazy. Random shifts of 6 months, as if they have no clue how many cars they might make. I think they are playing with our heads. DW think it's some kind of convoluted publicity play-- keep people talking about the car.

In any event, the date you see prior to getting a VIN is pretty much meaningless.

Reactions: Swoll78 and ryneezy
Hi all! Happy to be one of the newbies here! I ordered my MY LR last Friday and the EDD is October. It's normal to keep checking every hour or so to see if that's been moved up and then to get disappointed when it hasn't? Right? I thought so! Anyway, thanks for all the great resources here. I've been a stock holder for a little while so looking forward to being a driver soon too! Someday... *Checks account* damn, still October!
EDD is October? Are you talking 2022? That is a long time, but well worth the wait. Hang in there. Also, I didn't get a VIN until about 2 weeks prior to delivery.

EDD is October? Are you talking 2022? That is a long time, but well worth the wait. Hang in there. Also, I didn't get a VIN until about 2 weeks prior to delivery.
I know, it's nuts! I knew it wouldn't be quick, didn't expect it to be 11 months! Thanks for the encouragement, I can do this! *checks account* aww come on!!! :)

When the VIN arrives, does it only show on the website? Do I get notification from email or text?
The VIN will show on the app and the website. A fast follow is the text prompting you to schedule delivery. It will say...

Tesla Update - Congratulations, it's your turn to schedule your Model Y for delivery.

Select your appointment now at tesla.com/schedule/RNXXXXXXXX for your touchless delivery. We may reach out to schedule a new appointment if your Model Y arrives earlier or later than we currently expect.

The VIN will show on the app and the website. A fast follow is the text prompting you to schedule delivery. It will say...

Tesla Update - Congratulations, it's your turn to schedule your Model Y for delivery.

Select your appointment now at tesla.com/schedule/RNXXXXXXXX for your touchless delivery. We may reach out to schedule a new appointment if your Model Y arrives earlier or later than we currently expect.
Thank you for this.

Yes, very helpful. Thanks!

Last week my EDD went from Mar'22 to Dec 5-14 ('21). I was checking the app - probably the 15th time that day - expecting no change in EDD. The app said something like (very roughly.....I was so excited I didn't pay much attention LOL) "Your action is required in your account. Please check your account not using the app." or something like that.

When I logged in it talked about Vision Only vehicles and how some government agency was still reviewing and approving the technology - or something like that - and asked if I was still interested in getting the car. When I clicked "Yes" I got the new EDD and the VIN.

Reactions: Swoll78
Last week my EDD went from Mar'22 to Dec 5-14 ('21). I was checking the app - probably the 15th time that day - expecting no change in EDD. The app said something like (very roughly.....I was so excited I didn't pay much attention LOL) "Your action is required in your account. Please check your account not using the app." or something like that.

When I logged in it talked about Vision Only vehicles and how some government agency was still reviewing and approving the technology - or something like that - and asked if I was still interested in getting the car. When I clicked "Yes" I got the new EDD and the VIN.
Well that's pretty friggin awesome! So the key is to check the app 15+ times a day?!? I was only doing 5-10 times. I'll up my game! Congrats on your earlier EDD!

Hi All,
I am one of the unlucky people who got the dreaded 2 hour before scheduled delivery call from their SA. Apparently, because I have zero photos, the list gate of my car got damaged during unloading and the whole lift gate needs to be replaced. They have pushed back my delivery date two weeks, but at this point I don't know if taking delivery of a vehicle that had its lift gate replaced is a good idea? I'm torn here with lack of information from Tesla and the fact some people that had similar issues had a new car assigned to them. I've had the same VIN since 11/30 when it was assigned to me.