TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

EAP after delivery upgrade 700 less until sept 24?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by pcons, Sep 1, 2018.

1. pcons

pcons Active Member

Just noticed a slight change to the upgrade cost for EAP after delivery. It's listed now as 7200 if added after delivery, but before Sept 24th.

It used to be 7900 if added after delivery. I wonder what the significance of the 24th is? Trying to generate some additional revenue for the end of quarter push?

Screenshot_20180901-222559.png

2. hkhemani

hkhemani Member

Yeah US site too is showing 5500 by Sep 24 used to be 6000 post delivery, perhaps with v9 release some changes to pricing may be forthcoming?

3. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

I think it might coincide with 2 weeks after the end of the 14 day EAP trial period for those who didn’t order it originally.

4. pcons

pcons Active Member

I'm going to try calling tomorrow. I previously tried to add EAP and was told it would affect my delivery date (even though it's only software). The person from Tesla advised me to wait until I get a vin assigned and ask my DA to add it before delivery. Hoping to still take delivery this month in the IC blitz, but no vin yet so time is drawing tight.

5. pcons

pcons Active Member

Hmmm, another interesting possibility...

6. hkhemani

hkhemani Member

• Informative x 1
  7. pcons

pcons Active Member

I think what makes the most sense is they are trying to squeeze out just a bit more revenue by end of quarter, which I can't blame them for.

I'm also hoping they get me my car before end of quarter to get a bit more revenue as well ;)

8. deleted

deleted Member

Might be a dumb question but how to do you add it after purchase? I am asking more for FSD but should be the same screen. Didn't see anything on my Tesla account.

9. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

Just a guess but likely required to contact a Service Center and order either EAP or FSD or both. Pay for it. They may then be able to push it out OTA or possibly a SC visit for the download.

10. Electroman

Electroman Well-Known Member

Please don't. Wait till FSD comes out (if it every comes) and then decide. You can thank me later.

• Like x 1
  11. pcons

pcons Active Member

I was under the impression you could purchase it from within the car on the touchscreen, it charges your credit card just like a supercharging session and pushes an OTA update within a few days. At least that's what a rep told me about adding EAP after delivery. But maybe that's a US specific thing....

I agree with the other comment about holding off on FSD. I predict things will move much, much slower in Canada so who knows when it will be released here.

We don't even have the summon feature yet, and even when we get it you can't summon unless you are basically in visual distance of the car, which makes the feature severely limited.

12. deleted

deleted Member

Just more of a curiosity than anything else. I agree. Waiting until something is added to FSD.

13. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

I thought it would be available on screen as well. I have EAP already but FSD is not available on screen yet in Canada on the 3. (I’m waiting anyways till it’s released before considering it).

14. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Active Member

I can confirm that without internet connection (went camping up North) the app won't update but the Bluetooth key access is available. Summon would be unusable in it's current state of a data loop to Tesla central (I'm guessing its a security issue to avoid cars being jacked and moved around like remote toy cars).