Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP and speed limit changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my speed limit set to +7.

Whenever the shed limit changes, the MAX speed does not update to reflect the new MAX +7. It stays at the last speed limit MAX whether I adjust the Max speed via scroll wheel or not.
Am I doing something wrong? I find it hard to understand that the car won't adjust the Max automatically

If you click on the speed limit indicator on the screen, it will adjust to the speed limit + your offset.

I’m not sure why it doesn’t do it automatically. It may be because people don’t expect cruise control to suddenly change speeds. Or it may be because Tesla doesn’t have enough confidence it its speed limit database. I know that in Portland, OR, there are a lot of mistakes. Most are minor (55mph vs 50mph, etc), but on the small streets in front of my house (speed limit 20mph), the car thinks the speed limit is 45mph!!!

The car will only change speed in areas where Autopilot is restricted to 5 MPH over the speed limit. This is usually the case on state highways. If you're driving on the Interstate, you'll have to adjust the speed yourself.

Today it dropped from 80 (65 zone) to 55 (45 zone) and then back up to 60 (same 45 zone). The first drop was on the exit ramp and then once it got onto the frontage road it sped back up to 60. Interesting, but I haven't figured out what rules it's using yet.