Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP at purchase or later > sales tax implications

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in California. Has anyone calculated if it is less expensive to purchase EAP after car purchase? Does the $1,000 extra fee more expensive than CA sales tax? I don't think it would be but wondering if anyone made a comparison?

I'm going with Red, LR, 19", PIP

Thanks,

Chris

I live in California. Has anyone calculated if it is less expensive to purchase EAP after car purchase? Does the $1,000 extra fee more expensive than CA sales tax? I don't think it would be but wondering if anyone made a comparison?

I'm going with Red, LR, 19", PIP

Thanks,

Chris

California sales tax is 7.25%. It's not even close but you will pay it either way so does it matter?

California sales tax is 7.25%. It's not even close but you will pay it either way so does it matter?

As others have pointed out you pay tax either way. Where this is a real issue is in states that charge property or hefty registration fees based on the price of the car.

PRO TIP: Tesla will sell you EAP the same day you take delivery as an add on for the same price if you ask resulting in a lower purchase price on the books. You can even pay with a reward crefit card ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclone and JP Bark