Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP Break Checked the car I passed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have had this hard braking happen twice. Wasn't paying enough attention to details of surroundings the first time; sent in a detailed bug report the second time - including overpass observation. I really hope someone at Tesla is looking into this. As surprising as the sudden braking is, it will be a lot worse when the person behind me rear-ends me.

So driving to work this morning with Enhanced Auto Pilot. I pass another vehicle, wait a bit then move back out of the left lane and immediately the car decides to break. No cars within range in front of me. I hit the accelerator as fast as I could so I wouldn't be a complete douche to the car behind me, but I felt bad for them.

There was an overpass coming up, but it was a fairly overcast morning and no real shadows, so I'm not sure what triggered the car deciding to hit the breaks.

Anyone else experience this?

Yes I don’t know what it is with overpasses but I’ve seen this often. I have seen severe events of braking with earlier versions on the model S. It’s not clear why the NN has problems with overpasses

Have had this hard braking happen twice. Wasn't paying enough attention to details of surroundings the first time; sent in a detailed bug report the second time - including overpass observation. I really hope someone at Tesla is looking into this. As surprising as the sudden braking is, it will be a lot worse when the person behind me rear-ends me.
Elon to do list:
1/ 5k cars a week. Check
2/ secure funding for private sale at $420 a share
3/ fix sudden braking on AP