Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP + Carpool + motorcycles = painful

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stats from IIHS http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/t/motorcycles/fatalityfacts/motorcycles

It's actually rising, and collisions are skyrocketing since 2015

Most of them go too fast for the car to react, some of them are aggressive too. Heck, I even see the tri cycles splitting lanes now too.

No one else is having EAP phantom braking or acceleration issues when a lane splitting bike passes? It happens to me at least once a day on the way to work, mostly in light medium speed traffic. I'm worried a tailgater behind me may end up hitting me as a bike goes by.

A few weeks ago a motorcyclist splitting lanes was trying to flip pretty much every cars mirror forward. Scared the you know what out of me when he went by. Luckily the MS mirror flips forward with no damage, that guy was just asking to be taken out by someone.

Stats from IIHS Fatality Facts

Most of them go too fast for the car to react, some of them are aggressive too. Heck, I even see the tri cycles splitting lanes now too.

Interesting data ... thanks for sharing.

upload_2018-6-6_23-32-7.png

upload_2018-6-6_23-33-28.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-6_23-32-46.png
    upload_2018-6-6_23-32-46.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 25
I fail to see what the problem is. I mean AP has rear facing radar that automatically detects the bikes, and moves over slightly for it.

Oh, wait.

Maybe next year. :p

Personally I'd use TACC only, and I'd simply put myself off-centered just slightly to give a bit more room.

I do echo the OP's desire for an adjustable setting for where you want to be in the lane.

Oh, if you get a Model 3 you get a whole 4 more inches to spare or 2 inches on either side. :)

I fail to see what the problem is. I mean AP has rear facing radar that automatically detects the bikes, and moves over slightly for it.

Oh, wait.

Maybe next year. :p

Personally I'd use TACC only, and I'd simply put myself off-centered just slightly to give a bit more room.

I do echo the OP's desire for an adjustable setting for where you want to be in the lane.

Oh, if you get a Model 3 you get a whole 4 more inches to spare or 2 inches on either side. :)

AP1 does move over for motorcycles. Problem is that they go so freaking fast that the system can't react in time

It is the responsibility of the biker to split lanes only when it is safe, and as car drivers, we are not required to hang our tires in the nail filled shoulder to part the traffic sea for said biker. If there is not sufficient room for them to split the lane when I'm driving in a perfectly legal manner, then perhaps they should explore other passing options with their much more maneuverable vehicle.

• Love
Reactions: FlatSix911