Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP Coming Back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eagerly waiting for EAP to come back. i think it will come back at $5000 if it does, I would get it for anything at $5000 or less. I tried the FSD subscription this month, I won't be renewing. I like summon, auto lane change the most, and even started getting use out of autopark.

Navigate on Autopilot and traffic control are nice, but not worth another $5000 to me.

Just want EAP until FSD actually becomes FSD. The day its fully trusted, and i can sleep when the car drives...that's when I'll shell out for FSD.

My wife sleeps during any car trip more than 30 minutes or so. She actually looks forward to road trips so she can get a long nap! Although I can crank the stereo while she is sleeping, she says the ding of the AP turning on and off wakes her up. Does not appear there is any way to silence the ding? I would not spend $4k just to allow her better sleep, but auto lane change would be a nice feature to have.

Phantom braking wakes up, terrifies, and pisses off my wife when she is sleeping. I discovered that Yesterday at the start of our first Tesla road trip. The problem is, she is pissed at ME not at the car, or Elon, or Tesla as a company... it is ME that takes the brunt of her wrath!

Keith

Phantom braking wakes up, terrifies, and pisses off my wife when she is sleeping. I discovered that Yesterday at the start of our first Tesla road trip. The problem is, she is pissed at ME not at the car, or Elon, or Tesla as a company... it is ME that takes the brunt of her wrath!

Keith
Well, we've convinced them how smart the car is, it can't POSSIBLY be that!

Actually, I am lazy enough to put up with this crap in order to have the car do the majority of the boring work... she has ME to do the boring work of driving and sees no need to put up with phantom braking, therefor it is my fault :)

Keith

Not sure the confusion here.... you are married. It's ALWAYS your fault. Did nobody explain that to you?

:)

Not sure the confusion here.... you are married. It's ALWAYS your fault. Did nobody explain that to you?

:)
Of course you are totally right. When a phantom breaking occurs and the wife is asleep, just yell, "Oh my gosh, it just avoided hitting that deer!" (or dog, cat, skunk, branch in the road etc). She'll thank god she was in a Tesla! 😄

And if she is awake and paying attention, just say, "My bad, I thought I saw something in the road!"

• Funny
Reactions: mcmcn