Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP cost after car purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am confused what the (CAD) price will be to add EAP (when they finally add Summon in Canada). The price keeps changing, but I guess they will honor the cost shown on the configuration tool when I originally placed my order...
Did anyone keep a history of those prices? I placed my order on April 4th.

So I am confused what the (CAD) price will be to add EAP (when they finally add Summon in Canada). The price keeps changing, but I guess they will honor the cost shown on the configuration tool when I originally placed my order...
Did anyone keep a history of those prices? I placed my order on April 4th.
I wouldn't count on getting the price for after delivery if they have changed it already. Only instance I've seen of them honoring price is if you had made the adjustment before taking delivery of the car. My advice, if you want EAP order it now before the price goes up again :)

Reactions: Ludalicious
I wouldn't count on getting the price for after delivery if they have changed it already. Only instance I've seen of them honoring price is if you had made the adjustment before taking delivery of the car. My advice, if you want EAP order it now before the price goes up again :)

Electrek is reporting that Tesla has committed to honouring the price you were shown when configuring ( https://electrek.co/2018/11/02/tesla-autopilot-increases-price/ ) but that as with the price change for FSD that occurred previously you should check your expectations about whether this price will be available to you automatically or whether you will need to put in some effort to make sure Tesla gives your historically offered price automatically.

I can't even see where the price to upgrade currently is. Can't find it immediately on my app or account on the website - is it on the car?

Hmm, with some Googling I think these are the USD prices I'm remembering. CAD has always been a chunk more?
When I configured it was 6600 CAD before, 7900 CAD after delivery. I dont believe it was ever different. FSD was cheaper at one point but not EAP as far as I know.

Just checked the canadian design tool and its still 6600 before delivery, 9200 after....ouch. Glad I bought it. Hopefully it also means there will be some good upgrades coming soon, otherwise why would someone be motivated to pay 9200 = tax (10400 in Ontario...which is the price of a decent used car!)

Could be. I did have the trial, which made it even more tempting but yikes - with tax we're well on the way to $10k. Ouchy!
If you want to take a glass half full approach: the new price is only 2.9k more than the price if you bought with the car ;)

You could also try calling tesla, when you ordered/configured it would have been 7900 after delivery, 1300 + tax cheaper than now....if they sell it to you for that, buy it. The price will likely only go up from here.

If you want to take a glass half full approach: the new price is only 2.9k more than the price if you bought with the car ;)

You could also try calling tesla, when you ordered/configured it would have been 7900 after delivery, 1300 + tax cheaper than now....if they sell it to you for that, buy it. The price will likely only go up from here.

LOL. The ticket is already in. :)

I was on the fence about getting EAP after I received my rebate, but now it is a definite no!!

I understand they want to encourage new buyers to get it up front but I doubt they will get many takers to upgrade for $10k.

I never got the trial offer or the discounted rate. When complained they made SC appointment. Oakville SC could not enable the EAP trial. So I had another appointment booked with Mississauga SC. They also could not enable EAP trial on my car. My OA idiotically suggested me to pay for the EAP as they cannot enable the trial on my car.o_O
I suspect the car lacks the required HW thats why both SC could not enable the trial. They don't want to upgrade the HW unless I pay for it.

I never got the trial offer or the discounted rate. When complained they made SC appointment. Oakville SC could not enable the EAP trial. So I had another appointment booked with Mississauga SC. They also could not enable EAP trial on my car. My OA idiotically suggested me to pay for the EAP as they cannot enable the trial on my car.o_O
I suspect the car lacks the required HW thats why both SC could not enable the trial. They don't want to upgrade the HW unless I pay for it.

Yeah I don't think the SCs can do any of the account changes like that. Gotta go to the mothership.