Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP (Enhanced Auto Pilot) for $4k. Who’s in?

Are you getting EAP?

• Yes

Votes: 72 19.1%
  • No

Votes: 172 45.6%
  • Wait and see

Votes: 133 35.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@nayr14 you do make a very good point about the relatively slowness of developing FSD features, so allow me one point. In that case buying EAP now effectively delivered most everything that someone who shelled out for FSD has. Right now. That made EAP a "generous deal".

I don't think that there could be enough interest in this offering to explain it as a somewhat underhanded way for Tesla to "grab some end of quarter cash". The numbers just aren't that significant. I think it was Elon responding to, and trying to help out, the people who just wanted these features and not the $8K future-oriented package. It's not the first time he's done this sort of thing. Or had his intentions misconstrued.

Reactions: PACEMD
Well, it's both. You either set the lane change options to do so on it's lonesome, autonomously, if you will, or to require you to confirm your approval by using the blinker when it requests changing lanes. If you don't trust the car to change lanes/pass a slower vehicle on its own you can choose the setting to require confirming lane changes. There are other settings to fine-tune lane change specifics and aggressiveness. You can always manually initiate a change of lanes by using the blinker.
In the US/Canada, yes.
In Europe, no: we do not have the "no-confirmation" lane changes here, unfortunately.
So always a manual initiation of auto lane change (after a prompt from the car if/when it is on NOA) over in Europe.

If I buy EAP for 4K, then FSD for 5k, what happens if return the EAP at 4K? Can I keep FSD fit 5k?
I'm guessing Tesla already thought of that scenario. I'm betting if you try getting a refund for EAP, they'll automatically refund the 5k for FSD at the same time. BTW I think it's bullish*t that we're helping out their end-of-quarter numbers by purchasing EAP, and then they screw us if we want to upgrade from there.
I don't think I fully understood how the promo worked when I replied to Franchise88's post. When you looked at the Upgrade section, it gave you the choice of EAP at 4k and FSD at 5k. So it appears that you could've bought the entire FSD option for 5k instead of the normal 8k price? So in response to Franchise88, there was no reason to buy both EAP and FSD at the same time.

I don't think I fully understood how the promo worked when I replied to Franchise88's post. When you looked at the Upgrade section, it gave you the choice of EAP at 4k and FSD at 5k. So it appears that you could've bought the entire FSD option for 5k instead of the normal 8k price? So in response to Franchise88, there was no reason to buy both EAP and FSD at the same time.
Before I purchased EAP, my options were:
  • EAP for $4K
  • FSD for $8K
After I purchased EAP, I can now upgrade for FSD for $5K. I believe this has been everyone's experience - at least those of us who didn't already have EAP or FSD. YMMV

Before I purchased EAP, my options were:
  • EAP for $4K
  • FSD for $8K
After I purchased EAP, I can now upgrade for FSD for $5K. I believe this has been everyone's experience - at least those of us who didn't already have EAP or FSD. YMMV
I could've sworn that the options were EAP for 4k and FSD for 5k.
So going by my original assessment, it really sucks that those who chose to upgrade to EAP are being royally scr*wed if they want to go FSD, which will be 9k at the end of the day.

There seems to be confusion with upgrades pricing so here it is:

AP > EAP = $4000
AP > FSD = $8000 (includes upgrade to HW 3.0
AP >EAP >FSD = $9000 (or potato) ( $4000 EAP and $5000 FSD)

If you request refund for EAP, your FSD will go back to 8000. Nice try if you wanted FSD for 5K after getting refund for EAP.

And my EAP just reappeared back, DAFUQ...

Reactions: not4antoher