TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

EAP/FSD faster delivery?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by swhang, Aug 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. swhang

swhang Member

Hi all.

I know that the M3 LR with PUP for $49k is the first run.

But I was wondering if I add the EAP and FSD and everything else, will I get the car faster? To add every single available option will put it around $60k. And if I do that, I was wondering if I could get it 1 or 2 months faster. It would make sense b/c Tesla will get my money faster and that's good for them.

I've been tempted to get a CPO Model S but there's no way I can get a 300+ mile S for under $80k.

• Love x 1
  2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Neat concept, but no. :) Software is software, and doesn't make a difference. It's just a switch in the configuration and is downloaded to the car. (I wish it would make my new car be built more quickly also!)

3. jtpassat

jtpassat Member

long answer Nooooooooooooooooooo
    short answer No

• Funny x 5
    • Love x 1
  4. swhang

swhang Member

I was thinking that paying for all that stuff, I could advance in the queue. I understand it's all software.

Person #1. $49k car with no EAP/FSP.
    Person #2. $60k+ car with EAP/FSP.

Production wise, there's no difference. And so wouldn't Tesla move person #2 up higher in the queue b/c they can get the money faster?

• Funny x 1
  5. swhang

swhang Member

Hahahaha!

That was awesome.

But thanks for crushing my spirit just a little bit.

I'm sure all of us are looking for ways to get the 3 faster.

6. voip-ninja

voip-ninja Member

How would anyone here know if they would do that?

Nothing indicates that it's the case though. Assuming someone is okay with initial production, their delivery date has more to do with their location and queue order than anything like that.

So still nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:confused::confused:ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo;)

• Love x 1
  7. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

No, looks like biggest factor is battery size. If you want it earlier all you can do is go big plus get PUP.

8. lunitiks

lunitiks ˭ ˭ ʽʽʽʽʽʽʽʽʽ ʭ ʼʼʼʼʼʼʼʼʼ ˭ ˭