Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP hugs the right side of the lane?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's consistent - it's further to the right side of the lane than I'm comfortable with. I attempted to lean over and look from the middle (and also check my mirrors) and it does seem to be much closer to the right side of the lane than the left. Human drivers (in the US) tend to be closer to the left-side, so I'm a lot closer to the cars on the right than the cars on the left.

Anyone else notice this?
Is there some way to calibrate or trim it?

It's consistent - it's further to the right side of the lane than I'm comfortable with. I attempted to lean over and look from the middle (and also check my mirrors) and it does seem to be much closer to the right side of the lane than the left. Human drivers (in the US) tend to be closer to the left-side, so I'm a lot closer to the cars on the right than the cars on the left.

Anyone else notice this?
I stopped using AP on 2 lane roads for just that reason. Makes me too uncomfortable. 4 lane Highway is fine.

One way to check would be to review the L&R camera footage. I think this has shown me that I needed to calibrate myself, not the car. My previous car was a little narrower, so that might account for the similar feeling I initially had. Now that I've had several months and 18+k miles, I think I'm properly calibrated now.

Anyone else notice this?

Don forget the mirrors are different on the right and left. The right mirror (as it says) makes things seem closer than they really are. So don't use the mirror in any test you perform without compensating for this.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert