Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP IS BACKK

merpderp

Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
upload_2020-9-18_23-58-26.png

Much easier to swallow than the $8k. Question is if FSD will get discounted if you do this step up.

Reactions: DanCar and Tam

Gwgan

Almost a wagon
Aug 11, 2013
Maine
Also still $3k USD for Autopilot = TACC + Autosteer, for those few that did not have this included.

Why is this thread in the Y forum?

• Disagree
Reactions: gnelson
Jul 9, 2020
Waterloo, ON
I'm from Canada and noticed this as well. I feel like EAP is more cost-effective than FSD at the current stage. If Tesla could offer subscription-based EAP/FSD that would be even better!

steve86

Jun 4, 2020
SoCal
If I could downgrade to EAP and get a refund on the difference, I would. AP works great on the free way though. I don't trust AP enough to let it drive in city streets.

Reactions: steve841

MY-Y

Mar 4, 2020
MD
I have FSD, but likely would have bought the EAP if I had the option. To me,, the lane change is very important, the exits are pretty important, forward/back summon is kind of important, and full summon/stop sign/ traffic light functions are too buggy to use for me.

Barrygold

Jun 20, 2019
Midwest
I just bought the $4k EAP. I didn’t even get a software update. Just waited 10min and the navigate on autopilot and summon features appeared.

TomServo

Apr 10, 2014
Belleville IL
I wonder how they decided who gets the email? I only heard about thanks to this forum.

same here, in fact, my Y is still stuck on 36.3 so other things could be going on too. Didn't Elon say they have some major revisions coming to AutoPilot coming soon? That has me sitting on the fence for now thinking that maybe basic AP or what I call BAP could get a "tweak".

jf64k

May 9, 2020
Los Angeles
Just hit the Apple Pay button on EAP. The “summon” tab appeared in my app almost immediately. I’m taking a short drive in about 10 minutes. Looking forward to playing with NoAP and ALC!!

JavTPY

Jun 11, 2020
San Diego
I bought EAP today and had a long commute back on the freeway to play with it. It is kinda cool and the auto lane change feature is the biggest improvement. Commuting where there are a lot of exchanges onto other freeways would also make it more useful. Having said that, it’s just not worth $4K. All I have to do on auto pilot is turn it off, change lanes and turn it back on, and that makes it a no brainer to have this be a fun 48 hour no risk trial...

TomServo

Apr 10, 2014
Belleville IL
Have a question, any option purchased when ordering is listed on the window sticker and that’s what’s used by the insurance company to determine the vehicles value. But correct me if I’m wrong but any after delivery “upgrade” is not, so I’d your car is totaled you wouldn’t get compensated. It would be nice if Tesla (under those circumstances) would transfer those upgrades to the replacement vehicle. Just thinking out loud since I just bought the Acceleration Boost and am thinking of buying the EAP and I have FULL REPLACEMENT coverage on my Y. So 8 could be out $6K if my Y were to be involved in an accident.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC