Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP IS BACKK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2020-9-18_23-58-26.png

Much easier to swallow than the $8k. Question is if FSD will get discounted if you do this step up.

Reactions: DanCar and Tam
I have FSD, but likely would have bought the EAP if I had the option. To me,, the lane change is very important, the exits are pretty important, forward/back summon is kind of important, and full summon/stop sign/ traffic light functions are too buggy to use for me.

I wonder how they decided who gets the email? I only heard about thanks to this forum.

same here, in fact, my Y is still stuck on 36.3 so other things could be going on too. Didn't Elon say they have some major revisions coming to AutoPilot coming soon? That has me sitting on the fence for now thinking that maybe basic AP or what I call BAP could get a "tweak".

I bought EAP today and had a long commute back on the freeway to play with it. It is kinda cool and the auto lane change feature is the biggest improvement. Commuting where there are a lot of exchanges onto other freeways would also make it more useful. Having said that, it’s just not worth $4K. All I have to do on auto pilot is turn it off, change lanes and turn it back on, and that makes it a no brainer to have this be a fun 48 hour no risk trial...

Have a question, any option purchased when ordering is listed on the window sticker and that’s what’s used by the insurance company to determine the vehicles value. But correct me if I’m wrong but any after delivery “upgrade” is not, so I’d your car is totaled you wouldn’t get compensated. It would be nice if Tesla (under those circumstances) would transfer those upgrades to the replacement vehicle. Just thinking out loud since I just bought the Acceleration Boost and am thinking of buying the EAP and I have FULL REPLACEMENT coverage on my Y. So 8 could be out $6K if my Y were to be involved in an accident.