Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP is missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I purchased my 2018 MS from a third party, the car was equipped with the Enhanced Auto Pilot option for which the original owner paid $5000. I recently "upgraded" the software and suddenly some of the EAP features are no longer visible in the car's menu system and EAP is no longer listed in the cars configuration on the App or on my Web based account. Furthermore if I try to upgrade to FSD, the App wants me to pay $199/mth rather than $99/mth which is what I have read is the cost for those vehicles with the EAP option. What do I need to do to get the EAP to again be registered with my car so that I can get the reduced FSD subscription rate?

Thanks in advance
Jim

don't believe EAP is transferable from sales of the car. Did you buy it from the original owner or a used car lot? is a used car lot was EAP included on the features listed/bill of sale? if so you can take them to small claims and get them to pay for tesla to enable it. if not you're SOL.

Start reading here:

Details of your car's ownership history and who the "third party" is are relevant.

don't believe EAP is transferable from sales of the car. Did you buy it from the original owner or a used car lot? is a used car lot was EAP included on the features listed/bill of sale? if so you can take them to small claims and get them to pay for tesla to enable it. if not you're SOL.
EAP and FSD transfers with the car same as Subzero, UHFS or any other options that were paid for on the car.

OP should start by assuming it was a mistake and contacting Tesla and asking (not demanding) that they return the feature that was removed with a recent software update. Hope they comply and every leaves happy. If not, you'll have a battle on your hands but if you can prove the car had it somehow before the update the better of a chance you'll have at winning.

EAP and FSD transfers with the car same as Subzero, UHFS or any other options that were paid for on the car.

OP should start by assuming it was a mistake and contacting Tesla and asking (not demanding) that they return the feature that was removed with a recent software update. Hope they comply and every leaves happy. If not, you'll have a battle on your hands but if you can prove the car had it somehow before the update the better of a chance you'll have at winning.
Thanks for this response. I had my local Tesla Service Center run the build sheet on the car and they printed out a document that looks like a window sticker on a conventional car. This document clearly shows that the car was ordered and built with the EAP and reflects the $5000 charge for the option.

Thanks for this response. I had my local Tesla Service Center run the build sheet on the car and they printed out a document that looks like a window sticker on a conventional car. This document clearly shows that the car was ordered and built with the EAP and reflects the $5000 charge for the option.
This unfortunately doesn't matter.

Tesla has a habit of taking cars on trade and stripping them of software features so the next person has to buy them again. Then they sell the cars at auction, dealers buy them to resell, and people like you buy them thinking you're getting what you see on the dash (a reasonable assumption).

Unfortunately Tesla is utterly incompetent at their double dipping and while they "remove" features from the cars they take back on trade, that change sometimes isn't pushed to the actual cars until months later - sometimes after subsequent sales based on the presumption that those features were there and would remain.

So, back to the question I posed earlier today. Where did you buy the car from, and what is its ownership history?