Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP not using distance setting the way I want

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyway else notice that increasing the EAP distance setting does not result in any noticeable deceleration rates? I've been annoyed with the semi jerky response to folks cutting in front of me in mild traffic (still over 45MPH) so I increased the TACC distance setting up to maximum (7?). I was surprised that it didn't smooth out the jerkiness perceivably. Instead of giving the TACC more room to work with it felt like it did the same thing only with a bigger gap. I would prefer it use the distance and even close the gap temporarily and reduce the deceleration rates!

Reactions: Arpe
I found it depends on how close they cut in front of the car. If it’s close the car does slow down quite quickly but if they cut in front at the far end of the distance it seems smoother.
This is my experience as well. EAP is pretty smooth for me unless someone cuts super close in front of me. A lot of time I'll just brake because I can anticipate when someone will do it.