Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP on window sticker but I didn’t pay for it, it worked initially and then didn’t

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't feel like you were cheating Tesla when you received a feature you didn't pay for - but do feel cheated when they remove that feature that you never paid for. Really hard to have sympathy for you here and if we are going to say anyone 'stole' anything here it would be you for those 9 months.

Right, because it is not human nature to get used to something that makes life more comfortable and be disappointed when it gets taken away. I said I was willing to pay for it. I didn't like the way the situation was handled. I believe in the product, I love my car. Don't take the moral high ground here. I am sure anyone would have at least tried to get the features back instead of just shelling out $8k. Thanks for contributing nothing of value. Guess that's why I don't spend a lot of time on forums.

Right, because it is not human nature to get used to something that makes life more comfortable and be disappointed when it gets taken away. I said I was willing to pay for it. I didn't like the way the situation was handled. I believe in the product, I love my car. Don't take the moral high ground here. I am sure anyone would have at least tried to get the features back instead of just shelling out $8k. Thanks for contributing nothing of value. Guess that's why I don't spend a lot of time on forums.

You said you were considering legal action........

This is the equivalent of you buying a standard ticket to Disney World, only, they accidentally gave you a fast pass that allows you to skip lines. You used it all day and skipped every line. Eventually, someone confronted you and said, oh, we have to take that because you paid for a standard ticket.

And you're upset because you got 'used to' skipping lines... and then want to consider legal action at Disney?

We get that you are annoyed, but we are not going to agree that you are justified in being so, or that Tesla is in the wrong.
I, for one, would not be trying to get the features for free. Just like a free demo of XM that lasts a bit longer than 90 days. Twas a bonus, not a right.If I enjoyed the features, I would have jumped on the AP sale when it occurred.

Dude, when a cashier gives you incorrect change I assume you keep it too... You are the one that framed it as if they stole something from you when you drove off that lot with a feature you know you didn't pay for. You don't like how it was handled? You didn't speak up when you had it for free and think they handled it poorly?

Maybe providing you some awareness of how you are coming off is the most value you are going to get here - and it isn't because of the forum.

...My order says AWD LR with autopilot. Was this always not so?

1) No. Autopilot was not standard and it used to cost extra. It still costs extra if you buy Model Short Range. All other trims are now standard with no extra charge.

2) Not only the OP got the cheaper option of Autopilot, he got the more expensive kind called "Enhanced Autopilot" with much more features than what your standard Autopilot has.

By any chance what this an inventory car?

Also I don’t buy the “you almost crashed” because it didn’t enable. You should never count on it always enabling. It might not enable for a number of reasons.

I ordered my My Model X without FSD and it never had it. I think some inventory cars (from canceled orders or rejects) might have some software options that you didn’t buy.

I would have checked your account. What does it say?

Sorry ... a bit confused here. I have ordered a few weeks ago or so. My order says AWD LR with autopilot. Was this always not so?

This is a bit confusing as lots of us don't know the history of these features.
Until late last year, there was “enhanced” autopilot and full self driving. None of it standard. Each was an option. I believe about this time last year, Tesla repackaged the features into autopilot (which is basically TACC and lane keeping) and FSD. They made autopilot standard and made FSD a paid option.

Also I don’t buy the “you almost crashed” because it didn’t enable. You should never count on it always enabling. It might not enable for a number of reasons.

I could see this happening for TACC. When you engage dumb cruise it looks almost like TACC except the ring around the max speed is white not blue. No noises are associated with TACC.

Several people have been caught out by that with the Enterprise Tesla loaners the SCs used to use that had no AP. One kind soul even named the car "I do not have TACC and I will not slow down" to notify future users of that loaner.

OK Guys, I get the point. Arguments made are valid. I had something I didn't pay for. I thought the sticker was a legally binding document and I felt disappointed by the fact that the car is now considerably cheaper and comes with more features. I was also disappointed the deactivation happened without notification. How hard would it have been to call and say "Mr. Soandso we realize that the EAP was never part of your original order and we are going to activate it tomorrow at 12.00 pm. If you would like to keep it active here is what we expect you to pay." That would have been good service from a "Premium" car manufacturer and it would have been a far less frustrating experience.

Thanks for the input. I got some useful information out of the entry and I appreciate the different view points. I will be purchasing the autopilot feature to get this amazing technology back.

Just consider if a "traditional" premium brand had done something similar, like delivered a feature or an option that wasn't part of it. I think they would have decided in favor of the customer or done a better job handling the situation. My experience was tainted by a lackluster paint job, one month where I didn't have access to the car because it was being repainted and scratched interior parts and the car not even being cleaned when I took delivery. All things that wouldn't have been acceptable purchasing a BMW or something along those lines. We can disagree about my motives and trying to get something for free but you guys have to agree that it could have been handled better from a customer service standpoint, considering they are a premium manufacturer and I was an early customer.

I don't mean to jump on the band wagon and I'd be the last person on earth to defend Tesla, not that they need any defense but if I were you, I'd just let it go.

You got to use it for free for a few months anyway.

Good point. Also a great potential sales tactic for Tesla to sell FSD ..... give FSD free for the first 3 months after delivery. If you want to keep it, pay for it.

OK Elon, I just gave you something, now send me a car!

Status
Not open for further replies.