TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

EAP price went up ?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Rogster, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Rogster

Rogster Member

Price went up from $4k to $5k recently ? Always remembered it was $4k option if ordered the same time as the car and $5k for later sale.

Now, I see it is $5k for now and $6k for later add.

Self driving option went up too.

• Disagree x 1
  2. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

EAP was $5,000 and FSD was $3,000 on both our 2017 S 100D (delivered in March 2017) and our 2018 X 100D (delivered last week).

For both, EAP was listed as an after-delivery upgrade for $6,000 - which is still the case.

For both, FSD was listed as an after-delivery upgrade for $4,000 - which is now $5,000 for new orders.

I'm not surprised the after-delivery upgrade cost has increased - it could reflect Tesla's determination there likely will be a hardware upgrade required to get FSD fully functioning.

• Like x 1
  3. cmaster

cmaster Member

Yes. The price was upgraded to $5k.

4. commasign

commasign Tesla Superfan

Incorrect. It’s always been $5000 for EAP pre-delivery. $6000 for EAP after-delivery. Only change is that FSD after-delivery has increased from $4000 to $5000.

5. cmaster

cmaster Member

FSD not EAP.

6. PatrickCH4313

PatrickCH4313 Member

$5,000 for FSD is also for current Tesla owners !

7. bFlat

bFlat Member

Figures Tesla would be the first company to make good on the ol' sales trick of "get it now or prices could go up later".

• Like x 1
  8. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Member

It's better than the auto companies where it is "Get it now or"
    You buy a new car.

• Like x 2
  9. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

Yes no company has ever increased the price of anything ever. How dare the airlines charge me more for last minute tickets.

But I suppose if people prefer buying regular ICE vehicles that don't gain features through software updates by all means.

10. MG83

MG83 Member

Ha, this reminds me of when i got an email from cadillac 9 months after i got my car that they were offering me 20 dollars off of something like $200 cost to update the native maps data on the car's navigation system. so that new streets and addresses and points of interest would be updated.

11. bFlat

bFlat Member

I take my comment back. According to his article, if you purchased your car before the price increase, you can still upgrade for the original $4K. The new price and upgrade price only applies to new vehicle orders after the increase.

Tesla increases price of its ‘Full Self-Driving Capability’ over-the-air update

"We contacted Tesla to get an explanation about the situation and the company confirmed that it isn’t supposed to apply to existing vehicles and they will honor the original $4,000 price. The new $5,000 price is for new orders."