Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP price went up ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EAP was $5,000 and FSD was $3,000 on both our 2017 S 100D (delivered in March 2017) and our 2018 X 100D (delivered last week).

For both, EAP was listed as an after-delivery upgrade for $6,000 - which is still the case.

For both, FSD was listed as an after-delivery upgrade for $4,000 - which is now $5,000 for new orders.

I'm not surprised the after-delivery upgrade cost has increased - it could reflect Tesla's determination there likely will be a hardware upgrade required to get FSD fully functioning.

Reactions: Kacey Green
Yes. The price was upgraded to $5k.

EAP was $5,000 and FSD was $3,000 on both our 2017 S 100D (delivered in March 2017) and our 2018 X 100D (delivered last week).

For both, EAP was listed as an after-delivery upgrade for $6,000 - which is still the case.

For both, FSD was listed as an after-delivery upgrade for $4,000 - which is now $5,000 for new orders.

I'm not surprised the after-delivery upgrade cost has increased - it could reflect Tesla's determination there likely will be a hardware upgrade required to get FSD fully functioning.

$5,000 for FSD is also for current Tesla owners !

Figures Tesla would be the first company to make good on the ol' sales trick of "get it now or prices could go up later".

Yes no company has ever increased the price of anything ever. How dare the airlines charge me more for last minute tickets.

But I suppose if people prefer buying regular ICE vehicles that don't gain features through software updates by all means.

Yes no company has ever increased the price of anything ever. How dare the airlines charge me more for last minute tickets.

But I suppose if people prefer buying regular ICE vehicles that don't gain features through software updates by all means.

Ha, this reminds me of when i got an email from cadillac 9 months after i got my car that they were offering me 20 dollars off of something like $200 cost to update the native maps data on the car's navigation system. so that new streets and addresses and points of interest would be updated.

I take my comment back. According to his article, if you purchased your car before the price increase, you can still upgrade for the original $4K. The new price and upgrade price only applies to new vehicle orders after the increase.

Tesla increases price of its ‘Full Self-Driving Capability’ over-the-air update

"We contacted Tesla to get an explanation about the situation and the company confirmed that it isn’t supposed to apply to existing vehicles and they will honor the original $4,000 price. The new $5,000 price is for new orders."