Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP Return to US

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like the rumors are finally true. I had an update for my Tesla app last night and lo and behold I have a new software update available for the car.

EAP will include:
-Navigate on Autopilot
-Auto Lane Change
-Autopark
-Summon
-Smart Summon

At this $6,000 not sure why you you pay the extra $6,000 for the minimal of features of FSD that are left out which is stop light and stop sign recognition.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220624-064313_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624-064313_Tesla.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 191
Too rich for my blood. I'd fork over 2K for it and would consider going to 3K with the green light chime aded in. To me, everything but the automatic lane change is pretty useless and no way I'm shelling out over 6K for that one feature.

Tim

I got the same feeling here. Lane change is the only useful feature here. The rest are "hey look how cool my Tesla is" parlor tricks.

2 or 3k I would likely be in. $6k too much. Lane change has been my biggest wish for standard autopilot but that's not an inconvenience worth $6k. MAYBE in a cheap monthly option I'd do it but even then half the FSD price just for this seems like a lot. At least add traffic lights.

Great option, for 6k u get the best features.

Overpriced or not, it’s still better than paying $12k for the same features with a few additional bells and whistles.

I passed on FSD for $6K.
Zero regrets - crap value proposition for vaporware at that price point.

I see zero reason to pay $6K for a sub-set of those features now.
Waste of money.
10x so if you plan to upgrade your car in the foreseeable future.

To each his own.
a

P.S.: With FSD take rate in single digit %, it's no surprise that Tesla is trying new tricks to milk its customers at 50% of the FSD price point.

Reactions: Carlitos
It looks like the rumors are finally true. I had an update for my Tesla app last night and lo and behold I have a new software update available for the car.

EAP will include:
-Navigate on Autopilot
-Auto Lane Change
-Autopark
-Summon
-Smart Summon

At this $6,000 not sure why you you pay the extra $6,000 for the minimal of features of FSD that are left out which is stop light and stop sign recognition.
Always nice to have additional choices; doesn't mean you have to accept them. It's been over a year since I used Autopark or Smart Summon. I do use Nav on Autopilot, but if I didn't have it, I wouldn't notice, really. The one option I use most is Auto Lane Change, but I activate the lane change with the turnstalk, and let the car do it. I don't let the car activate the lane changes. It's like the windshield wiper, a goldilocks issue. It's either too aggressive in switching lanes or too passive. It may just be my personal peeve, so I just set it to activate manually.

Now FSD, I'd definitely consider the chip upgrade for $1000 and ala carte for $100 a month, once the beta is over. Thanks to having EAP, I do have that option. I wouldn't pay the $6000 or whatever they want for FSD.