Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP scared the crap out of me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had an EAP scare, was cruising on the freeway, when a freight truck was crossing in and out of its lane. I tried to take over to dodge the truck early, but i got the beeping of an early accident and then the car accelerate and swurved trying to dodge the truck. I'll upload the dashcam video after work, but it was scary since I was trying to steer the car away from the truck and felt like autosteer overtook my manual input

Sounds like side collision warning alarm, then side collision avoidance. The car will steer away from the obstacle but not out of the lane. I've had this happen in the S, it can catch you by surprise.

Yeah first time experience it, It scared me since i was using the steering wheel when EAP was engaged and it autosteer corrected instead of disengaging when i manually turned left.

Trying to understand more EAP as had used ACC on my i3, does anybody now why we don't see trucks on the screen? Like the Models S and X? Is under development? Why they can't just upgrade from there... my M3 doesn't recognize and neither show trucks on the side.. what's been every1 experience so far?