Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP taken away without notice.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The sales person is the person that told ne that. It was during the time when prices were changing almost daily and AP got included in the price. I was told that it was in a memo they had received. So when my vehicle arrived with it everything was all good in my world. Now my wife is leary about getting a Model S next year when we pay of her Beimmer.

The sales person is the person that told ne that. It was during the time when prices were changing almost daily and AP got included in the price. I was told that it was in a memo they had received. So when my vehicle arrived with it everything was all good in my world. Now my wife is leary about getting a Model S next year when we pay of her Beimmer.
Good luck. They cancelled my trial 26 days before it was set to expire. I was going to buy autopilot at the special trial price, but months of emails and calls, Tesla will not honor the trial price. Frustrating.

We are discussing a similar situation with a member on another thread. Most believe the signed MVPA supercedes the window sticker but there are several who are adamant the window sticker is the authority.

What do each of yours say?
@Sir Earl Grey when you quote a previous post, you can show your reply to that post just below. No need to make a separate post showing your reply. Here is an example:

Not sure where to locate the build date, but it had 11 miles on it when I took possession.

Good luck. They cancelled my trial 26 days before it was set to expire. I was going to buy autopilot at the special trial price, but months of emails and calls, Tesla will not honor the trial price. Frustrating.

Dang that is such a bummer. So I'm wondering if I had clicked the link to purchase FSD for $3000 would they have taken my money and at some point down the road would they have told me I didn't actually pay for EAP and then shut down the FSD and then extort $10k or whatever in order to then get the features back. Even with all of the minor defects I absolutely love my Model 3. However things like this and almost begging for the referral miles owed is beginning to chip away at my confidence.

That person made a mistake, and yours was taking him at his word without getting something in writing. EAP was NEVER included with Premium Interior, a quick check of the website would have verified that. It was a $5k option before they discontinued it. Sounds like you did not pay the $5k so Tesla doesn’t owe you anything and you got a nice trial period of EAP before they removed it. If you buy an S or another Tesla just do a little more fact checking next time and you’ll be fine. Tesla is still learning how to behave like a real car company IMO. Great products, but the service and customer care can sometimes leave a bit to be desired.

I wish I had enough money to spend as much as these cars cost, and not look at what was on the purchase agreement vs what the "salespeople" say.

Actually, I dont think I would ever spend that much money without looking at what the paperwork says I am buying, regardless of how much money I have or dont have.

"The salesperson said".... anyone who has ever bought ANY car before (new or used, main line dealer, or small shack / shady dealer, or even private sale) should know to verify anything said in such a transaction with what is actually on the paperwork.

If its not on the Motor Vehicle purchase agreement, either with a price or not, then it was not included with the car. Since tesla does not put Monroney stickers on windows (I had to ask for mine and they printed it out and gave it to me), maybe if someone sued them they "might" be able to claim they were misled.

No idea and not getting into that... but "the salesman said" is a poor excuse for "why doesnt it have XXX" in my opinion because a person should be responsible for verifying what they spend money on, within reason. Tesla's MVPA is pretty simple to read, so it would be easy to see that FSD / EAP etc is or isnt on there.

Reactions: SMAlset
Not sure where to locate the build date, but it had 11 miles on it when I took possession.

I mentioned in my earlier post that you’ll find it on the driver’s door jam panel. Looks like this (circled in red).

111ACFFE-5704-42CB-B411-6D026477DFA2.jpeg

No, I believe the only place I saw EAP was on the window sticker, and the email I received telling me that because I purchased EAP I could get FSD for $3000

That email may have been an error that's compounded your confusion. I recall there were a few users with basic AP that received that discount email due to them having EAP (EAP according to Tesla, even though in real life they didn't, and the discount did not apply).

That email may have been an error that's compounded your confusion. I recall there were a few users with basic AP that received that discount email due to them having EAP (EAP according to Tesla, even though in real life they didn't, and the discount did not apply).

You've hit the nail on the head. So after being told oh you scored because with the premium interior of the dual motor EAP is included, my vehicle being delivered with the features, and then the email offering the upgrade to FSD based on my purchase of EAP there was a lot to be confused about. It has been explained to me that each of those were mistakes and EAP was not a part of the premium interior but the corporate customer service manager is looking into the situation and checking to see what can be done. I have no expectations of getting EAP returned to my vehicle, but if offered to pay the additional $2000 to get it back I wouldn't hesitate for a moment.

Reactions: brianman
My invoice shows AP but im pretty sure my window sticker showed EAP but I'm having trouble locating it.

This sounds like your car should have regular AP. The salesman was correct that AP switched to being included in the price.

Can you still use traffic aware cruise control and plain Autosteer on the highway? If so, I think you have what was on your invoice and what the salesperson told you (if they did say “AP”). If not, you need to contact Tesla.

Before the trial, could you do summon? When you looked at your account online, did it ever say Purchase FSD 3000? If so, I think you should open a ticket and see what they say. If not, then you likely never had it and the email was a mistake.

You've hit the nail on the head. So after being told oh you scored because with the premium interior of the dual motor EAP is included, my vehicle being delivered with the features, and then the email offering the upgrade to FSD based on my purchase of EAP there was a lot to be confused about. It has been explained to me that each of those were mistakes and EAP was not a part of the premium interior but the corporate customer service manager is looking into the situation and checking to see what can be done. I have no expectations of getting EAP returned to my vehicle, but if offered to pay the additional $2000 to get it back I wouldn't hesitate for a moment.
This is a refreshingly measured and adult response to a number of missteps on Tesla's side. I hope the service manager cleans some of the mess up for you.