Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP to FSD and/or AP to FSD Upgrade Cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just looking for some help on pricing out two different options.

1. One car has Enhanced Autopilot (EAP) (so has Summon, NoA, etc...)

2. The other car has Autopilot (autosteer only, but has the AP2.5 camera suite w/desirable MCU2).

For owners in this forum that have cars that don't have FSD that fit either scenario #1 or #2, what is Tesla advertising to you as the cost to upgrade to FSD?

1. One car has Enhanced Autopilot (EAP) (so has Summon, NoA, etc...)

If I remember correctly, EAP was $5,000 and FSD was $3,000 additionally predelivery. There was a $1,000 penalty fee EACH for ordering post-delivery.

That meant $8,000 total for pre-delivery or $10,000 post-delivery.

2. The other car has Autopilot (autosteer only, but has the AP2.5 camera suite w/desirable MCU2).

Since an owner didn't buy FSD prior to any price changes, buying now, FSD would cost $8,000 additionally. The good news is: no more post-delivery fees.

That's much cheaper than prior policy that costs $10,000 post-delivery.

Thanks for the response.

So if I buy a car that has EAP, I should expect to pay $8K to upgrade to get the other few features (HW3 upgrade, smart summon, etc...)?

No on the overpriced of $8,000.

EAP to FSD post-delivery price was $4,000 but the post-delivery fee was discontinued so the price is $3,000, not $8,000.

That includes HW3 upgrade but please note that not all S and X have MCU2. Some still have MCU1. the price does not include MCU2 upgrade. If you need MCU2 upgrade, that's an additional $2,500.

It's perfectly fine to run MCU1 with HW3 as long as you don't mind the fact that MCU1 is very slow.