Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP to FSD upgrade now $3,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I logged into My Tesla today and the price to upgrade from EAP on to FSD dropped form $6K to $3K, so I paid for the upgrade on my X.

Elon tweeted that this should be the price a week and a half ago.

I checked the price to upgrade from AP to FSD on my 3, it remains $3K.

I’m taking my X in for service on a Monday, so I asked the SC if they can also upgrade the computer to HW3. I’ll provide an update after service.

Mine still shows 6k. I have EAP but looking at the order, its not listed. It was included with my inventory 2018 Vehicle. I bought it new last month. Its showing 6k. I wonder if only those that had EAP before Feb are eligible?

Last edited:
I’m astounded at the amount of people wasting their $$$. Hope I’m proven wrong soon.

i skipped the 2k upgrade and now this one sounds enticing ..however I echo your sentiments ..AP in general I’m happy with the other stuff im just going to wait and see Tesla changes to fast which is reason I’m on my third car lol ;)

I logged into My Tesla today and the price to upgrade from EAP on to FSD dropped form $6K to $3K, so I paid for the upgrade on my X.

Elon tweeted that this should be the price a week and a half ago.

I checked the price to upgrade from AP to FSD on my 3, it remains $3K.

I’m taking my X in for service on a Monday, so I asked the SC if they can also upgrade the computer to HW3. I’ll provide an update after service.

Is the hardware ready? I thought that was a future upgrade.

Why people pay for vaporware is really confusing to me... Just how many times does Tesla have to be egregiously late with their timelines before people stop handing them money as a reward for it? I wouldn't even remotely consider it until it's actually not vaporware... Since I'm on a lease it's really silly stupid to pay that much for something that may not even exist before my lease is up in 2021...

Jeff

Is the hardware ready? I thought that was a future upgrade.

there is a thread here somewhere ..where a guy actually got the upgrade computer put in

It looks like it’s not ready for the X yet, just got this message:

“Good morning, the retrofit for the HW3 computer is not yet available for your vehicle so we would be unable to do that at this service visit.”

Why people pay for vaporware is really confusing to me... Just how many times does Tesla have to be egregiously late with their timelines before people stop handing them money as a reward for it? I wouldn't even remotely consider it until it's actually not vaporware... Since I'm on a lease it's really silly stupid to pay that much for something that may not even exist before my lease is up in 2021...

Jeff
But but but haven’t you heard? the price will be exponentially higher! :eek:

Too bad I’ll be on my 5th Tesla by then :D

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
I purchased my Raven last month without the $6K option. Not sure if I’m supposed to feel good about the 50% discount today. I still have my reservations about FSD since my Raven can’t even get it’s act together at times. Lol

But but but haven’t you heard? the price will be exponentially higher! :eek:

Too bad I’ll be on my 5th Tesla by then :D

I purchased my Raven last month without the $6K option. Not sure if I’m supposed to feel good about the 50% discount today. I still have my reservations about FSD since my Raven can’t even get it’s act together at times. Lol
Is it $3k for AP to FSD?

He said EAP to FSD. EAP already has the features you would be gaining currently with FSD.

Not sure if plain AP gets the upgrade for $3k.

Is it $3k for AP to FSD?

He said EAP to FSD. EAP already has the features you would be gaining currently with FSD.

Not sure if plain AP gets the upgrade for $3k.

The AP to FSD upgrade is still showing at $6k - a few people in the S forums are having troubles since the vehicles actually have EAP, but their agreements show AP, so, their FSD upgrade price shows $6k.