Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP to FSD upgrade price drop by $1k. Will be $3k until July 1st

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD upgrade price will be $1k off for EAP owners until July 1. So it will be $3K which was the original price pre 2019 - $5k EAP + $3k FSD. The only features you gain right now would be visualizations and stop light recognition and a new HW3 FSD computer. Any discount is better then no discount. Any EAP owners going to jump for it? I have FSD on our X and probably will resist on the 3 as we only use the standard AP feature and basic summon to get out of the garage. I still feel by the time FSD is useful it will be time for a new car or maybe upgrade the 3 to a trimotor CT.

Twitter

Still showing as $4000 in the app for me. I guess the bean counters haven't caught up to Elon's tweets yet. Still undecided if it's actually worth the future-proofing. If they went back to the $2000 fire sale price like the guy on Twitter requested, I would have bit for sure.

I am in Canada and the EAP (which I have) to FSD (which for me would be 2.5 --> 3.0 and "Respond to Traffic lights and stop signs" and "Automatic driving on City Streets") is still showing CDN$4,000 for me.

$3000 USD is roughly about $4000 CDN at current exchange rates, so it's no surprise that they might not change it at all due to devaluation of Canadian currency recently.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
Still showing as $4000 in the app for me. I guess the bean counters haven't caught up to Elon's tweets yet. Still undecided if it's actually worth the future-proofing. If they went back to the $2000 fire sale price like the guy on Twitter requested, I would have bit for sure.

depends how long you keep the car... if you *really* think that true (hands-off) FSD on city streets will be released within the next 2 yrs (or how long you plan to keep the car) ... then you might be better off buying TSLA instead for $4k which will surely double in value by then...

• Helpful
Reactions: jkirkwood001
Considering this since I missed out on the $2k fire sale last time (can confirm the $3k price is now showing in the app). Can someone definitively share whether or not the feature travels to a new owner (e.g. whether or not it impacts resale value)? I know that I've read about Tesla removing it on trade-ins presumably so they can then resell it again, but what about a private sale?

Considering this since I missed out on the $2k fire sale last time (can confirm the $3k price is now showing in the app). Can someone definitively share whether or not the feature travels to a new owner (e.g. whether or not it impacts resale value)? I know that I've read about Tesla removing it on trade-ins presumably so they can then resell it again, but what about a private sale?

It definitely carries over in private sale. I believe Tesla confirms this in several documents, and it's not something that they have any right or ability to change in the future. For my personal calculations I'm assuming that the value of options like FSD and the white interior depreciate much faster than the base car. I am personally not counting on getting back more than 50% of the FSD price as a premium over a used non FSD car even if I sold within a year of ownership. I could be pleasantly surprised if FSD has real value on the secondary market, but I wouldn't count on it.

• Informative
Reactions: hcdavis3
It definitely carries over in private sale. I believe Tesla confirms this in several documents, and it's not something that they have any right or ability to change in the future. For my perso
Agree personally that they shouldn't have the right to remove it, but they do definitely have the technical ability to do so...

Happy to hear that it sounds like this transfers fine; I feel like I had heard somewhere that people had issues with this or were referencing that it didn't transfer but maybe they were wrong?

Now if they would only allow me to upgrade from Basic AP to EAP, I may jump on that /sarc. (Yes I know it's not going to happen)

Right, me too
I just purchased autopilot a couple days ago and was thinking the same thing.
Or maybe they’ll throw them in as free upgrades to basic autopilot as more cars come out with the same functionality and fsd becomes better
That’s what I hoping for anyway lol

• Funny
Reactions: azred
I have EAP (the OG one that includes NOA) and also FSD on another vehicle... besides seeing trash cans and traffic light visualizations, no difference currently. I definitely will not be adding it to my EAP vehicle
Since you own both, can you clear up whether the dashcam clips are of better quality (less compression artifacts) with FSD? I thought I remember reading about that way back when people first got the HW 3.0 chips installed.

Reactions: camthehombre
I have EAP (the OG one that includes NOA) and also FSD on another vehicle... besides seeing trash cans and traffic light visualizations, no difference currently. I definitely will not be adding it to my EAP vehicle

There should be.

FSD can stop at stoplights and stop signs- EAP can not.

(this assumes the FSD car also has the FSD computer, and recent software and maps)

Reactions: outdoors