Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP trial 2022? Will we get this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had EAP on a M3 loaner last month and liked it on the Motorway. With the holiday family visits I’ll be spending more time on longer journeys so would appreciate it.

I’d consider subscribing to it for certain times of the year, but won’t pay the current price.

Reactions: Stach
I recall them offering it a couple of years back, I think it was for 2 weeks. It absolutely cemented my view that it's a waste of money for me. The only thing that worked well enough was Navigate on Autopilot, but I couldn't get the hang of overtakes, but it was cool when it exited the motorway... but it won't do that now either.

Trying to remember the thread. It had a poll in it which was pretty unequivocal.

Seem to remember they only offered it for a week or two last time. Or is my memory failing. 30 days is a decent chunk of time.

Looks like it was a couple of weeks.

• Helpful
Reactions: browellm
Doesn't all this make Tesla look desperate to grab a few bob here and there and coupled with free supercharging to take delivery by end of year. Id love to get the trial to see how summon and auto park works - never experienced it for about 12 months now and i have FSD - It just doesn't work.

Reading between the lines…

“Auto Lane Change is definitely the most useful feature” is code for “Auto lane change is the only useful feature that currently works”

I wonder if this is timed to coincide with release of single stack, reverse park and USS replacement functionality?

1671793156504.jpeg

Reactions: Magstauk
Doesn't all this make Tesla look desperate to grab a few bob here and there and coupled with free supercharging to take delivery by end of year. Id love to get the trial to see how summon and auto park works - never experienced it for about 12 months now and i have FSD - It just doesn't work.
They're 'desperate' every end of quarter and especially at end of year. Share price and all that.

They're 'desperate' every end of quarter and especially at end of year. Share price and all that.

I think this quarter is a little more desperate than many before. Lots of stock unsold waiting for buyers, discounts being rolled out, free super charger miles being given... this isn't your normal end of quarter dash, this also isn't "we'll sell all we make". They've made too many, and people aren't buying. The end of quarter just makes the timeline for resolving tighter, hence the extra incentives being tried.

Reactions: ACarneiro
I think this quarter is a little more desperate than many before. Lots of stock unsold waiting for buyers, discounts being rolled out, free super charger miles being given... this isn't your normal end of quarter dash, this also isn't "we'll sell all we make". They've made too many, and people aren't buying. The end of quarter just makes the timeline for resolving tighter, hence the extra incentives being tried.
UK:

I think your post contains an inaccuracy that's become an unsupported media trope.

35 (was 150 until recently) Model Ys listed (possibly some duplicates of spec & colour)- New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla
2 have more than 54 miles of mileage - so 33 new.
35 Sales centres

89 Model 3 - most new
6 over 54 miles mileage

If each entry represents a configuration at a location, then going from 150 configs to 35 might suggest even more reduction in stock.

So 1 Model Y configuration (perhaps car) per Sales Centre and about 2 Model 3s. Not a lot. I seem to remember it was 150 for Model Y in a similar count recently. 150 to 35 is quite the reduction, but with 4229 Model Y sold in UK in November - that's around 140 per day, plus Model 3 sales.

I doubt there will be many Teslas left in UK by year end. Similar reports from multiple European countries & Model Y has just beaten the Norwegian record for most sold of a single model (set in 1969 - VW Beetle) outsold by Model Y already this year.

USA reports I've seen also suggested little stock. Tesla might be triailing the $3,750 to $7,500 IRA reduction from 1st Jan 2023 in USA in order to gauge demand at a lower price level. Edit2: USA (Southern California & Seattle - Near-future quarterly financial projections

Edit: In comparison I tried to search for available stock for another car make. BMW search by model seems to limit to 25 per model, couldn't be bothered to test all, but

iX - 25
3 series - 25
M Series - 25
Z4 - 25

So with all the different models BMW has - there must be hundreds in stock
1671810975443.png

Last edited:
UK:

I think your post contains an inaccuracy that's become an unsupported media trope.

35 (was 150 until recently) Model Ys listed (possibly some duplicates of spec & colour)- New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla
2 have more than 54 miles of mileage - so 33 new.
35 Sales centres

89 Model 3 - most new
6 over 54 miles mileage

If each entry represents a configuration at a location, then going from 150 configs to 35 might suggest even more reduction in stock.

So 1 Model Y configuration (perhaps car) per Sales Centre and about 2 Model 3s. Not a lot. I seem to remember it was 150 for Model Y in a similar count recently. 150 to 35 is quite the reduction, but with 4229 Model Y sold in UK in November - that's around 140 per day, plus Model 3 sales.

I doubt there will be many Teslas left in UK by year end. Similar reports from multiple European countries & Model Y has just beaten the Norwegian record for most sold of a single model (set in 1969 - VW Beetle) outsold by Model Y already this year.

USA reports I've seen also suggested little stock. Tesla might be triailing the $3,750 to $7,500 IRA reduction from 1st Jan 2023 in USA in order to gauge demand at a lower price level. Edit2: USA (Southern California & Seattle - Near-future quarterly financial projections

Edit: In comparison I tried to search for available stock for another car make. BMW search by model seems to limit to 25 per model, couldn't be bothered to test all, but

iX - 25
3 series - 25
M Series - 25
Z4 - 25

So with all the different models BMW has - there must be hundreds in stock
View attachment 888268
Tesla do appear to have a demand problem in the US. but its a short term one. They are expecting to qualify for a tax credit of $7500 next year so no one wants to buy now. And who can blame them. I am not sure they are trialling it to gauge demand I imagine its more likely to boost sales before year end. If they don't have much stock maybe that means its working?
So its not a real demand problem but its being used for some click bait the same way we used to get the "Tesla sales collapse" stories the first month of every quarter since there are no ships to Europe that month :rolleyes:

Tesla do appear to have a demand problem in the US. but its a short term one. They are expecting to qualify for a tax credit of $7500 next year so no one wants to buy now. And who can blame them. I am not sure they are trialling it to gauge demand I imagine its more likely to boost sales before year end. If they don't have much stock maybe that means its working?
So its not a real demand problem but its being used for some click bait the same way we used to get the "Tesla sales collapse" stories the first month of every quarter since there are no ships to Europe that month :rolleyes:
Very few cars left in USA (assuming post true) - I think it worked...

I just get fed up of the same old stories being disproved month after month and still people believe them the next time the media rehashes it. All it takes is 5 minutes of research (or remembering how wrong they were for last few YEARS).

Link seems dodgy - so posting screenshot
1671813585185.png

Reactions: 15Peter20
Remind us all again of how the stock price is doing?
I'd be very cautious in believing that the US markets value securities based on fundamentals, particularly in the short to medium term.

If you are interested in understanding the impact of the derivatives market on securities, take a look into the December options expiration period, the subsequent ETF rebalancing, and ask why many major ETFs are currently holding a negative cash balance. Happy to go into further detail in a more appropriate post.