Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP Upgrade Path? [in the US]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan on waiting to see what the monthly fee is for FSD when they come out with that. I like the idea of being able to get it and if it doesn't work as good as I need I can always cancel it. Plus this way I'm not dropping $10k on something when I may trade the car in 4 years from now. Watched quite a few videos on FSD 9.0 beta and it is getting better but still does some scary stuff. I still think it will be a while before we have hands free FSD.
You don't have long to wait:

$199/mo for Basic Autopilot to FSD
$99/mo for EAP to FSD

$99/mo for EAP to FSD
Ya just saw this today. Another interesting thing is with the subscription you have to pay for the self driving computer if you car doesn't have it (only early model 3's). The computer upgrade is $1500. This is great though because once they bring a public version of FSD we will be able to try it for a smaller investment. Also I can cancel it in the winter when I worry about how well it will work and how much I would trust it... Figure it takes about 4 years also to cost you $10k if you keep it the whole time. I'm sure I will try it but I can't see myself keeping it for a extra $200 a month.

$99/mo for EAP to FSD
I do not think it means what you think it means ;)
For instance, they are charging $99 to go from EAP to FSD - which delivers nothing useful, I know, this is the path I took before subscriptions (upgrading from EAP to FSD)
FSD doesn't exist as a product, so that $199 for AP to pretend FSD is really to go from AP to EAP and that is way too much money for what it gives you.
EAP at its original $5k over three years is $139 a month, over four years is $104
I would happily purchase EAP again, but not falling for the bogus "FSD is just around the corner based on regulatory requirement" again.
Which really bugs me because my Model 3 is the most awesome car I've owned, I'm just fed up with Tesla and Elon Musk pretending FSD is almost ready when its nothing of the sort. They need to start selling what they can actually deliver and stop pretending.

(moderator note)

The OPs question has been answered (there is no upgrade path in the US to get to EAP, currently). There is a subforum here for discussion of FSD. which is here:

There is a thread specifically discussing the subscription, here:

Discussion on these topics can continue there.

Status
Not open for further replies.