I was told by the CS person in telephone sales that buying FSD for my AP2 car will get me a new AI chip swapped in for the old one. She specifically said that Tesla will not provide a "HW3.0 computer swap."If you buy FSD:
- You will receive the hardware 3.0 computer swap for free
- You will get 'Automated driving in the city' when it's released.
- You will also get traffic light and stop sign recognition when it's released.
- There might be other FSD features that are not specified yet
What is the source of that graph?
...$3K to upgrade now?
1. The media control unit and the Autopilot computer are different computers. They will swap your Autopilot computer. It looks like this. The salesperson is wrong. They will definitely swap the entire Autopilot computer and not just a chip on the computer. Here, here and here Elon talked about swapping the computer.
2. Yes, the media control unit will remain the same.
3. Yes, the cameras in AP2.0 are different than AP2.5. It is unknown at this time whether FSD buyers with HW2.0 will have the cameras swapped too to make them identical to HW2.5 and HW3.0.
Hate to say it but you may have missed the sale. It was $2,600 when I bought it for my pre-August 2017 X with EAP.I have 2017 S75D with EAP.
My TESLA account Still shows a price of $6600 CAD to upgrade from EAP to FSD. Looks like price in Canada for cars that already have EAP hasn't changed?
So NOBODY had the FSD free upgrade, Correct or not?The source for the middle fork in my chart is this table. It was emailed by a store employee to forum member @jonotastic just before 11 March 2019. See message #25 and #32 here. However, there has been some backtracking on Tesla's part. On 11 March, Tesla announced that they will increase the prices again on 18 March. I guess the price increase meant a change of heart for the free stuff. However, here in this table, you can see that EAP orders undelivered on 28 Feb were supposed to get free FSD.