Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP vs FSD.. Worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I saw a tweet from Elon lowering the price for EAP owners to upgrade to FSD for $3K. Did that change again?

From reading another thread, I believe this OP is confusing "enhanced autopilot" (EAP) with "auto pilot".

Q4 Delivery timeline.

I saw that earlier, but thought this OP might also be looking at used cars with EAP or something, so searched TMC for thread titles regarding EAP vs FSD... because that discussion has been had several times. Not quite as much as " why is my car showing 8 miles less range?!?!?!?" but probably similar to "Should I buy an AWD or Performance?" threads.

Reactions: SigNC
From reading another thread, I believe this OP is confusing "enhanced autopilot" (EAP) with "auto pilot".

Q4 Delivery timeline.

I saw that earlier, but thought this OP might also be looking at used cars with EAP or something, so searched TMC for thread titles regarding EAP vs FSD... because that discussion has been had several times. Not quite as much as " why is my car showing 8 miles less range?!?!?!?" but probably similar to "Should I buy an AWD or Performance?" threads.
I think you are correct re the cheaper upgrade price for EAP owners. As if there isn’t enough misinformation about autopilot, we needed this thread to spread more.:) I am glad I bought FSD upgrade for my AP car during the “sale” a few months ago, but kind of wish I would have waited for my EAP car. Auto lane change is an essential part of the autopilot experience and I imagine that is why it was stripped from autopilot when AP was offered. A smart marketing decision, I suppose.

If you have EAP, FSD buys you exactly nothing today. Maybe in the future....

If you have AP, FSD gets you Navigate on Autopilot, Enhanced Summon and some other stuff.

I have EAP and no intention to upgrade until there are demonstrated real world advantages for FSD. I would love to have real self driving, but it sure seems a long way off.

If you have EAP, FSD buys you exactly nothing today. Maybe in the future....

If you have AP, FSD gets you Navigate on Autopilot, Enhanced Summon and some other stuff.

I have EAP and no intention to upgrade until there are demonstrated real world advantages for FSD. I would love to have real self driving, but it sure seems a long way off.
... and auto lane changes even without using NOA. Autopilot without lane change would suck, which is probably why the evil marketing gurus at Tesla moved it to FSD. EAP is all you need for now, AP not so much.

I don't think there ever was a time both EAP and AP were offered simultaneously.
True. I suspect Tesla was having a lot of trouble convincing customers to buy FSD so they took features from EAP and moved them to FSD, then sold stripped down EAP as AP. As for the moved features, I could easily do without Summon but can’t imagine having autopilot without lane change.