Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ear bud's or headphones

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not been able to hookup my galaxy buds or my off brand headphones to my model y stero system, has anyone managed to get any buds or headphones to work? they say the stero is a propriatary system and hardly any will work. My buds and headphones connect to bluetooth but no music come thru. any help appreciated

I am not understanding your point, with standard car radio I turn my earbuds on I hear connected than the music starts, with my model y I turn on my earbuds and I hear connected than nothing no sound or music. All I need to know is what buds or headphones any one has found that will play music when the phones or buds connect.

I double checked the manual and it appears that this car radio will only play media FROM a Bluetooth device and not TO a Bluetooth device.
The manual does not explicitly state this, but it only describes the single use case.

My guess is this may have something to do with the fact that driving with earphones for the purpose of listening to audio is illegal in most states. Tesla is probably trying to cover its assets from a potential lawsuit.
They could allow it only while on P.
Going on a trip during nighttime.
Would be fun to use bluetooth earphones for youtube or netflix without waking everyone.