Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early 2019 for Model 3’s, what was the point of an early reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've purchased two used Model S's since the first Model 3 reveal, because we decided life was too short to wait. Believe me, Tesla would love to sell you a used Model S too. It furthers their mission and gets you in a Tesla ASAP. Given the wait for you, it sounds like it might be a viable option.

Us too. Man our new MX is sweet. Was going to wait for the M3 but couldn't. Gonna get that too.

We went on a five month Europe and West coast US holiday last year and I've seen the future in regards to EV adoption. Hence our inability to wait for the M3.

I don't mind all the other pre-orders (reservations) coming before us, but someone who reserves *today* in the US will get delivered before us. What about Americans who order in late 2018 - and there will be lots - will they push us back for them too?
Hopefully not, but how Tesla manages these competing priorities is something we may never find out.

Tesla can only keep delaying international deliveries for so long before they start to tarnish their brand outside the USA. I would hope that Tesla will stick with its "Early 2019" estimate for here and other RHD markets. After lining up at the Sydney store I mentally hoped for March 2018, later revised to July 2018 following EM's tweet a few months ago.

I'm now mentally writing down March 2019. If I get it sooner, then great. If there's much delay beyond that, I'll be an unhappy camper.