Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early '22 Exterior Refresh Tracking (Lights, Charging Door, Appliqué delete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@B-lon what do you think -
Could these be test mulls given they are next to the test track as well as sitting there for days?...
Part of me wonders if we could assume mass production with updated hardware.

I highly doubt mules would be mixed together with production vehicles like this but who knows. They've covered the test track before with overflow, so I assume they're just doing that again.

Unrelated: I just saw my first Plaid X on the road and damn that thing's quick for how big it is!

The black strip I find looks odd on red blue and even white. Works with black and grey.
When it used to be chrome, red and blue worked better.

It’s an 11 yr design that had to go. I can’t wait for the refresh and more modern tail look.
This coming from a former S owner multiple times since 2015.

The design gets old on the eyes after a decade 😂

The design gets old on the eyes after a decade 😂
Does it? I dunno. I think the Model S is about as close to timeless design and beauty as I’ve seen any car achieve in decades. 5 years on, I still turn around for a look when I walk away.

There are some elements that could use a little freshening, the rear probably toward the top of the list, I agree. But nothing strikes me as particularly aged or outdated.

I hope you are right as I get my delivery on Jan 28th and am anxiously waiting this. However, I am sure I will love the car either way and plan on keeping it for a very long time.
If there’s anything we can be sure of without speculation it is that you’ll love your Model S!

Just a heads up for this thread - I just tested positive so I may not be able to swing by this weekend but we shall see. If I get two negative tests by Sunday I can swing by. Fortunately this is the most mild cold I’ve ever had.

Does it? I dunno. I think the Model S is about as close to timeless design and beauty as I’ve seen any car achieve in decades. 5 years on, I still turn around for a look when I walk away.

There are some elements that could use a little freshening, the rear probably toward the top of the list, I agree. But nothing strikes me as particularly aged or outdated.
Agreed on timeless. However refreshing never hurts. Ie. Imagine buying a porshe 911 with lights from 2011 vs the new led and strip? Sure..timeless..but definitely outdated for the decade. Having the old lamps design is literally circa 2010-2016.

It’s time to accept a refresh that should take MS into 2025/2026. :)

If there’s anything we can be sure of without speculation it is that you’ll love your Model S!

Just a heads up for this thread - I just tested positive so I may not be able to swing by this weekend but we shall see. If I get two negative tests by Sunday I can swing by. Fortunately this is the most mild cold I’ve ever had.
Get well soon and hope it stays mild. Mine started out mild for the first 4 days. By day 7 I was almost dead (literally). Thankfully I went back to Florida where there were more treatment options available and 2 days later I was off death's door. Keep on top your O2 levels and temp.

Lucky you. I got hit with a truck rig all within 3 hrs. Woke up 100% and went straight to bad cough, chest congestion, headache, 101F temp and body sore. Fastest onset I’ve ever had in my life! This was yest. Slept like crap and taking all the usual flu vitamins etc. luckily Iwatch keeping a constant eye on O2 and hrate. I hope it doesn’t go further than this.🙏🏽

Part of my interest is not just the lights but other things under the hood that might have changed along with it that we’ll find out a year from now.

When I got my Model X end of 2019. There was a new rev Battery about every 2 months for the next 6 months. It brought the car from 326 to 372 miles Range !! depending on which rev.

There are always updates. But there are stretches of no significant changes as well.

This refresh on refresh could be significant.