Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early '22 Exterior Refresh Tracking (Lights, Charging Door, Appliqué delete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure that had ever been a thing. If is is, then I learned something today.

What will work for sure is to hold the charging wand connecter from your wall charger or a supercharger near the charge port door and push the little button on the charging wand, that will open the door.
As long as the car is unlocked, pressing on the charge port door will have it open.

Sadly, it seems like there is a bad set of wiring that was shipped out with the refreshed S. Some cars experience it, some do not. But using the button on either the Supercharger handle or the high powered wall charger does not open the port unless the handle is basically millimeters away from the charge port. Which really defeats the purpose of it.

As long as the car is unlocked, pressing on the charge port door will have it open.

Sadly, it seems like there is a bad set of wiring that was shipped out with the refreshed S. Some cars experience it, some do not. But using the button on either the Supercharger handle or the high powered wall charger does not open the port unless the handle is basically millimeters away from the charge port. Which really defeats the purpose of it.
I had my charge port replaced for this problem. It’s an antenna issue on the charge port itself.