Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • TMC Podcast #11 will stream live Saturday at 1PM PDT. We will be joined by special guest JT Stukes, a former engineer at Tesla. You can watch it live and participate in the chat on YouTube. We will addressing viewer comments and questions. For more information, follow the TMC Podcast #11 thread.

Early '22 Exterior Refresh Tracking (Lights, Charging Door, Appliqué delete)

I'm not sure that had ever been a thing. If is is, then I learned something today.

What will work for sure is to hold the charging wand connecter from your wall charger or a supercharger near the charge port door and push the little button on the charging wand, that will open the door.
As long as the car is unlocked, pressing on the charge port door will have it open.

Sadly, it seems like there is a bad set of wiring that was shipped out with the refreshed S. Some cars experience it, some do not. But using the button on either the Supercharger handle or the high powered wall charger does not open the port unless the handle is basically millimeters away from the charge port. Which really defeats the purpose of it.

WilliamG

Hinge Fanatic
Apr 20, 2019
Seattle, WA
As long as the car is unlocked, pressing on the charge port door will have it open.

Sadly, it seems like there is a bad set of wiring that was shipped out with the refreshed S. Some cars experience it, some do not. But using the button on either the Supercharger handle or the high powered wall charger does not open the port unless the handle is basically millimeters away from the charge port. Which really defeats the purpose of it.
I had my charge port replaced for this problem. It’s an antenna issue on the charge port itself.

Yeah I know. I heard they are coming in June. It’s so early adopters are forced to buy a refreshed refresh since we absolutely need the best. Domestic abuse.

My question is related to the original X headlights though. Are they super sucky like the S?
Our ‘17 X lights were acceptable. The ‘17 S, marginal.

Reactions: anthonyj

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC