Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early '22 Exterior Refresh Tracking (Lights, Charging Door, Appliqué delete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how long would it take to get an S with a fresh order today? i see so many people waiting almost a year so the site listed July seems suspect lol
I would say 4-5months. People with 1 year wait are with the pre-price hike orders. If you are located near Fremont then it could be sooner.
Note: Its just my estimation based on reading different threads.

Hi everyone - sorry for the brevity of this message but I can no longer contribute to this thread.

I can say that I am delaying my order to early H2.
I am sure I am not the only one wondering if the delay is in response to any reputed changes. Then again we all have our reasons if we need to delay.

I've been through enough Tesla FOMO to last a lifetime. I missed a few things earlier on my Y that came out later. At the same time, I got mine too late and lost the radar and passenger lumbar support.

The thing that would irk me the most is if I would miss out on any headlight changes. I might seriously consider selling mine or look at the cost to retrofit (assuming it was possible and not even more crazily expensive than the current lights).

I would say 4-5months. People with 1 year wait are with the pre-price hike orders. If you are located near Fremont then it could be sooner.
Note: Its just my estimation based on reading different threads.
The plaid ships fastest. The LR seems to be the long wait as price/value is apparent.
3.1 sec (w/out roll out fyi) 400miles, same exact look/style and features. Sweet spot trim level for most.

Reactions: JeffTutorialsY
Man... now you've got me wondering if structural 4680's and 500 miles of range are coming to the S in Q3. Any hints here?

I would bet money that the reason they changed the name from “model s long range” to “model s” is that whenever the new 4680 model s comes out, it will have a new sub model. So likely anyone with a current model s order would not be grandfathered into that version and be stuck at what would become the entry level car unless you placed a new order.

At this point, I am just rolling with what I get. I am in at a good price so I can sit a bit and see if the changes are enough to make me want to "upgrade". The current range is good enough. Performance is excellent for the $$$. Only thing I don't really like is the current headlights.

Finally got a sort of narrow window for my delivery of 2/4-2/18. I am good with that at this point. Slim chance of getting the new headlights but better than if I had taken delivery in late Nov and would have had a 2021 model.

IIHS current Model 3 (LED Projector) Headlights vs Model S Raven+ (LED Reflector)

Attachments

• Model 3.JPG
    Model 3.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 134
  • Model S.JPG
    Model S.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 88
Some people thought I was crazy to suggest that Tesla is doing all of this to make early adopters repurchase the car. Here’s more proof. Horn is coming back to the center of the wheel. I’m not a yoke complainer, but it made ZERO sense to make the horn a button

I feel like this has a better shot at being retrofittable than the lights - this is replacing the airbag module on an existing yoke, doesn't look like the yoke itself is changing.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Nice! I’m holding out a lot of hope that the 2023 model year will be more polished since that’s when I’ll be buying (Dec 22 is when I plan to place my order). Here’s what I hope to see on the 2023 model. They’re deal breakers for me.

1. Fix for the vibration issue
2. Refreshed headlights and taillights. No more appliqué.

That’s it!

Reactions: Scody88
I feel like this has a better shot at being retrofittable than the lights - this is replacing the airbag module on an existing yoke, doesn't look like the yoke itself is changing.
The yoke itself would have to change. There would have to be a switch of sort sort, plus the removal of the horn button on the yoke in favor of something else. I’m guessing it’s an entirely new yoke and center airbag piece.