Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early '22 Exterior Refresh Tracking (Lights, Charging Door, Appliqué delete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you’re worried put a hold and they’ll assign the VIN to another buyer. If you can hold out a few more weeks/month 🤷🏽‍♂️
That’s what I’m hoping they’ll let me do. He did say there’s a chance the system won’t let me do that since it was originally ordered last June or so. That being said I haven’t postponed delivery before and I think from what I’ve read, most people are allowed to delay once. Just not multiple times

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
That’s what I’m hoping they’ll let me do. He did say there’s a chance the system won’t let me do that since it was originally ordered last June or so. That being said I haven’t postponed delivery before and I think from what I’ve read, most people are allowed to delay once. Just not multiple times
Your at the old price so they do reserve the right to charge you the current price if you delay or hold beyond a set period. If the system doesn’t state your price may update, I’d say your good to try.

Your at the old price so they do reserve the right to charge you the current price if you delay or hold beyond a set period. If the system doesn’t state your price may update, I’d say your good to try.
Very unlikely subject to price change. This has only happened upon significant refresh or change to current configuration.

Been through it a few times. :)

Reactions: VikH
I’ve been told by my loyalty advisor (who has yet to steer me wrong) that new orders are factory fresh. Meaning you don’t get matched to existing inventory. Take that for what you will.
Yes but vins are usually assigned about 12-14 days prior to edd. Which means a car came off the line around mid Feb. for March 1st. I guess once you release it it may still take a few weeks to get assigned a vin 🤷🏽‍♂️

Joined the club :)
“LR/Blue/White/21”/no fsd
So far June 18 - July 16th EDD

I guess new tails/front are a guarantee then.
I may opt to wrap the back strip the same colour of whatever I do for the decals. Maybe gun metal/carbon to match the rims :) also add a spoiler..hopefully oem or 3rd party avail by then!

I also have an MYP on order but waiting patiently for the 4680/unicast numbers and specs. Will decide then which one is a GO!

But man do I MISS the S. It was 2016-2021 of 5 glorious ownership years…ended on a beautiful 2018 red/cream 100D which was my baby!
Does anyone see the beauty in chrome trim still? Feel like it goes better with certain colours. Am I alone?
I'm with you, I love the Red with the chrome trim and handles. Cream interior.

New rear images coming from The Kilowatts on twitter: https://twitter.com/klwtts
rear.03.jpeg

rear.02.jpeg

rear.01.jpeg

Not sure what you mean here at all. Yes, the wiring is there, but settings..?

How recent are we saying that the wiring is present in the IP? To the best of my knowledge there is no such wiring in the IP. Some of the early builds had remnants of features that didn't make it to production... I wonder if this is the case here.

Very unlikely subject to price change. This has only happened upon significant refresh or change to current configuration.

Been through it a few times. :)

Price won't change here.

Are you worried that you will get matched with an inventory car with old lights? My hold ends March 1st and I am thinking of extending.

See below! :)

I’ve been told by my loyalty advisor (who has yet to steer me wrong) that new orders are factory fresh. Meaning you don’t get matched to existing inventory. Take that for what you will.

Your advisor is correct here, if you don't have a VIN right now you're getting them. All new orders are new builds presently.

Pure speculation and wishful thinking here … but maybe they will enable the articulating screen. Just watched Sandy Monroe tear down of the Model S Plaid center screen and the mechanism is there. It just needs the motors (and software) to operate.

There's a funny story with this... I highly doubt that'll be added. The original idea for how to do this failed super hard and to do it right is probably more money than they want to add to the vehicle's cost.

How recent are we saying that the wiring is present in the IP? To the best of my knowledge there is no such wiring in the IP. Some of the early builds had remnants of features that didn't make it to production... I wonder if this is the case here.

Price won't change here.

See below! :)

Your advisor is correct here, if you don't have a VIN right now you're getting them. All new orders are new builds presently.

There's a funny story with this... I highly doubt that'll be added. The original idea for how to do this failed super hard and to do it right is probably more money than they want to add to the vehicle's cost.

@B-lon, Is the line back-up and cranking out refreshed refreshes? I’ve been tracking inventory, and though it’s not going up, appears new S’s are popping up.

My worry is my loan has gone through and I have 45 days from 2/16 to close. No VIN yet but EDD is 2/25-3/25.

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
@B-lon, Is the line back-up and cranking out refreshed refreshes? I’ve been tracking inventory, and though it’s not going up, appears new S’s are popping up.

My worry is my loan has gone through and I have 45 days from 2/16 to close. No VIN yet but EDD is 2/25-3/25.

I don't know if the line is back up yet but I think it'll take a few days to dial in. I don't expect any new light cars to be in inventory for awhile so I wouldn't pay attention to that.

As for your loan, that's unfortunate and one of the areas Tesla messes up. For my most recent Tesla I was vin unmatched and had to do financing and credit check twice which was super annoying. Hope that doesn't happen to you.

On the bright side you'll def get new lights either way.

For your next Tesla, just put cash until you get VIN match and then do financing. :)

Well can’t blame me for hoping! 😊 Maybe as a consolation prize the headlights will have a retrofit. But per your advice, I don’t expect it. Just hope for a happy surprise 😉