Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early '22 Exterior Refresh Tracking (Lights, Charging Door, Appliqué delete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F067FCB2-397D-439D-9998-E519BBC62083.jpeg

B42B1C65-CA7D-437C-B334-BF89748D27B2.jpeg

4B8C4A80-486E-4D48-8E5F-98FCB739B4BB.jpeg

1636D434-B896-4224-92E1-2EF5EE420D3E.jpeg

I'm actually content with the pre-refresh headlights. Those infused-LED taillights though, want those bad.

Based on some of the shots I've seen, looks like the charge port itself is the same as pre-refresh, but the port door is much larger. Since the rear trunk trim piece is just a shorter piece now and the refreshed tails themselves look to be the same sizing, i'm really hoping they can be swapped out and a simple plug and play.

Reactions: mikemi
I'm actually content with the pre-refresh headlights. Those infused-LED taillights though, want those bad.

Based on some of the shots I've seen, looks like the charge port itself is the same as pre-refresh, but the port door is much larger. Since the rear trunk trim piece is just a shorter piece now and the refreshed tails themselves look to be the same sizing, i'm really hoping they can be swapped out and a simple plug and play.
The charge port is different--looks like the 3/Y one now: Tesla delivers first Model S Plaid with new features

Reactions: scrapps
He mentions not noticing much difference between 3 & refresh refresh S headlights which is a good sign cause current 3/Y headlights compared to S/X is night/day. Not betting on official retrofit though :/
Sat in a refresh 3 with the new headlights and they’re head over heels better than any S headlights. To hear the new ones are on par with the 3 headlights is a great sign! Can’t wait till the matrix functionality is enabled, that’s where these headlights will truly shine (pun intended)

The "TESLA" projection in light show is a little cringy for my taste. But those projectors look much, much brighter than the LEDs from the 2016.5-2021. I'd also guess that there's no retrofit, (especially back to pre-2021 cars) but I said the same thing about MCU1 and they proved me wrong.

Without scrolling back through 13 pages, do we know if the new headlights have auto-leveling and curve-adaptive functionality?

Last edited: